Fur mites

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vivien Bozo

Reaction score
Hi,

Today when I was cleaning my bunny's cage I noticed a patch without hair on his back with dandruff around it. I am quite sure it's fur mites. My question is that can I purchase Revolution online without prescription? I wouldn't go to the vet if I don't have to. Thank you.

Can you send a picture of the area with no fur? I don't think you can order Revolution without a prescription, but it might depend on where you are buying from.

Yes, I couldn't find any website without prescription so I scheduled an appointment with the vet for tomorrow.

And here's the picture. He has long fur so it covers the patch entirely. I didn't notice it until yesterday. But it can't be more than 2 weeks old.

Attachments

• IMG-20200219-WA0006-01.jpeg
    IMG-20200219-WA0006-01.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 11
Getting him into the vet is best! Have you been using any cleaners that you don't normally use that could have irritated his skin?

No,nothing. The only thing changed is that he was at my in laws house for a week because we went on a vacation. But he had the exact same setup there like home. Maybe my mother in law used something. But she didn't clean the cage just changed the litter box daily.

When did he go to your law's house? Did your mom-in-law use some household spray? It wouldn't even have to be in the rabbit pen, just in the room could bother his skin. Did she use any cleaners on the litter box? I don't know what cleaner you use, but I suggest distilled white vinegar because it has no effect on the rabbit. The vet should be able to tell you what is going on and what to do. I hope he gets better!

He was there two weeks ago and I don't know if she used any detergent around him.

But I went to the vet today and she said it's mites like I thought. So I got some antibiotics and Revolution to treat it. I hope he'll get better soon.

Latest posts

Back