Fur missing from rabbit nails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeLee

Reaction score
I've noticed fur around my rabbits nails have been missing I can't tell if this is normal or not, doesn't seem like it is because this has never happened before. It is an infection of some sort? She's eating, drinking, and moving around perfectly fine. I sent her to get her nails trimmed 2 weeks ago at the vet. I'm not sure if this is normal, I'm a little panicked right now. In the picture both of her hands have it. Fur is missing around the nails for some reason can someone please explain :(

Attachments

• IMG_20211125_223411.jpg
    IMG_20211125_223411.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20211125_223343.jpg
    IMG_20211125_223343.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20211125_223339.jpg
    IMG_20211125_223339.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 6
i have never seen this before. it could be an infection..i would take her to the vet just in case and keep definitely keep a close eye on her :)

Sometimes they can chew their own fur. Or it could be a fungal infection. But either way missing fur from the top of the foot like that isn't usually a symptom of anything more serious, more of a cosmetic issue. If it doesn't get better within a couple weeks I would spray the feet with athlete's foot spray every day for at least a week or two longer than it takes them to improve and if they dont improve taking it to a vet or trying a different antifungal

Could be fungal dermatitis. Does bunny have contact with cats or dogs? May need oral as well as topical medication. I would take her to the rabbit vet.

Latest posts

Back