Fur loss on front legs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnys_rule63

Reaction score
Heya guys :)

Well, Millie had an eye infection a few weeks ago, however we took her to the vets and treated it with antibiotics and she is fine now. However, about a week ago I noticed she had lost some fur on the insides of her front legs. The skin wasn't broken or anything, so I put it down to her rubbing her face and eye, but a week later and she's no better. I have never had this problem with her before, so I'm wondering if because the skin is sore if she's grooming it excessively and therefore rubbing out the fur. I was thinking about putting a bit of sudacrem on, as I know that is recommended for use when rabbits have sore hocks, but decided against it as she could so easily lick it off.:?

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of this and if so do they know what could help?

Jess

You probably should see a vet for this one.

I have a rabbit who gets mites after he has dental work.it must be that his immune system is taxed from the dental work and the latent mites become active ...
this could be a possibility

it is just hair loss but the skin looks normal and not red/?

If Sudocrem is recommended for sore hocks, it's probably ok for her to lick off. I'd keep her from licking it for a few minutes after applying it to let it soak in some, though. I looked at the ingredients and they sound ok.

http://www.sudocrem.co.uk/what-is-sudocrem.html

* hypoallergenic lanolin, to help provide emollient properties
* zinc oxide is an astringent which reduces the loss of tissue fluid
* benzyl benzoate and benzyl cinnamate are amongst the ingredients of Peru Balsam, recognised for its healing properties
* benzyl alcohol is a weak local anaesthetic which acts to ease localised pain and irritation. It also acts as a disinfectant/antibacterial agent and is responsible for protection against common bacterial contaminants.

I wouldn't slather it on there, of course.

Latest posts

Back