Fur loss and discharge left eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craftymelli7

Reaction score
My rabbit is losing fur around his left eye and has discharge. I'm wondering what could be the cause?

Attachments

• IMG_20230319_080626910~2.jpg
    IMG_20230319_080626910~2.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1
Update:
I have an appointment setup for Tuesday, March 20 with his veterinarian. I tried to get him in over the weekend with emergency vets but no one would treat a rabbit on emergency. But he is still happy and doing binkies so I think he will be okay until his appointment tomorrow. It is the soonest I could get him in anywhere.

I dont know much about eyes. But I would also ask to make sure his teeth are ok. Our bunny has eye discharge due to tooth roots. Am wishing your bunny the very best.

I dont know much about eyes. But I would also ask to make sure his teeth are ok. Our bunny has eye discharge due to tooth roots. Am wishing your bunny the very best.
He was neutered on March 6th. The vet checked his teeth while he was under anesthesia. She said they look great. So it isn't a teeth problem. But I really appreciate your response. I will try to remember to post tomorrow what the vet says the problem and treatment are.

Update:

The veterinarian said that the fur loss around the eye was due to the eye drops they gave him during neutering surgery to keep his eyes moist since they can't blink under anesthesia. They irritated him a bit. She said to gently wipe away with water the old discharge and the fur loss area and his fur will come back just fine. He is in perfect health.

I also had her check inside his ears. He has no mites but had some wax. She removed the wax build up from both ears.

So glad He's ok!

Update:

The veterinarian said that the fur loss around the eye was due to the eye drops they gave him during neutering surgery to keep his eyes moist since they can't blink under anesthesia. They irritated him a bit. She said to gently wipe away with water the old discharge and the fur loss area and his fur will come back just fine. He is in perfect health.

I also had her check inside his ears. He has no mites but had some wax. She removed the wax build up from both ears.

So glad He's ok!
Aww I'm happy to hear he is ok 🙂

Latest posts

Back