Fur knot

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

CaitlinT00

Reaction score
Hi all, I noticed that George has a clump of fur knotted under his chin. I think it may have been caused from him not being able to clean that area as well after eating so its turned into a dangling clump of fur. This hasnt happened to him before, and he has very short fur so I didn't think this could happen to him. Any advice on how to get rid of it? I want to mention that he can be a bit feisty, so I'm trying to figure out how to do it in a way where I won't get a finger bit off (although its unlikely since its right under his mouth). Or should I let it be and hope that he or his partner can groom it away?

John Wick

Reaction score
Hard to advise without a picture, but if it seems like something that a bit of teasing can undo, I'd try it yourself or see if he/his partner can resolve it over time. If it's to a degree that is matted and causing sanitary/skin issues, you can carefully use round-tipped scissors (i.e., not sharp at the end to prioritize safety) to snip off the minimal amount needed to resolve the issue.

CaitlinT00

Reaction score
Hard to advise without a picture, but if it seems like something that a bit of teasing can undo, I'd try it yourself or see if he/his partner can resolve it over time. If it's to a degree that is matted and causing sanitary/skin issues, you can carefully use round-tipped scissors (i.e., not sharp at the end to prioritize safety) to snip off the minimal amount needed to resolve the issue.
Thank you, its very difficult to take a picture or even look at it since he doesn't like his chin being touched. I'm going to try to comb it out later!

Johndxu

Reaction score
I have a rescured fluffy NL. When I got her, she had two long rows of clump fur knots symmetrically at her back from shoulder to butt. For several months, I thought it was gene defects caused her back skin wrinkle. Everytime, I handle her carefully to avoid hurt her skin. Finally I found they are just fur knots. I used hair cut scissors to gradually cut all the knots. Now she give me nice kits. Once of the baby like that in pictures:

Attachments

CaitlinT00

Reaction score
I have a rescured fluffy NL. When I got her, she had two long rows of clump fur knots symmetrically at her back from shoulder to butt. For several months, I thought it was gene defects caused her back skin wrinkle. Everytime, I handle her carefully to avoid hurt her skin. Finally I found they are just fur knots. I used hair cut scissors to gradually cut all the knots. Now she give me nice kits. Once of the baby like that in pictures:
Aww they're adorable!!