Fur in buns poo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abi :)

Reaction score
Hey guys I was cleaning Bambi's home area and noticed two poops connected with fur, I got a bit worried so I topped up her hay and whilst she was eating I groomed her with the furminator and took out some of her shedding fur. She has been eating and drinking normally, as well as pooing normally, I checked her litterbox and everything seemed normal. I feed her Select Feed pellets (1tbsp a day), Small Pet Select Timothy Hay and greens daily (and of course water), can anyone help me? Is it just because I hadn't brushed her in a while?

(I'm not extremely worried as she has been eating as usual but I don't want her to be in any pain, I read that this happens only when rabbits shed and haven't been groomed so I am going to start brushing her more often so it doesn't happen again but is there anything else I can do to stop this or is it just brushing more?)

Thanks <3

Last edited:
Don't worry. Fur can string poos together during a shed. You took all the right actions by encouraging more hay eating and giving her a brushing. She'll be fine with such an attentive human!

That's such a relief! 😀 Thanks!

Latest posts

Back