Funny Cat Behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishbunny

Reaction score
We have three cats, George, Kitten and Roxy. Kitten and Roxy are sisters and pretty much just ignore each other. Roxy and George also ignore each other. Though George likes to taunt Roxy sometimes by sitting in a chair and reaching down and batting her in the head when she's sitting underneath him :rollseyes George and Kitten are like a married couple. One minute they are grooming each other and purring, sleeping cuddled up together with their legs all over the other one, and the next they are hissing and biting each other. Never anything very serious though, and usually started by George.

When they are cuddling, he'll groom her and then all of a sudden just bite her :? Or wake up when they are sleeping together and bite her. Which results in a small scuffle and Kitten running off in a huff :p I've also noticed if he's sitting in a chair and she passes he'll just jump down and pretty much body slam her! She runs and he chases her a bit. He's honestly the funniest cat I've ever come across.

Does anyone know why a cat would do that? Be all lovey dovey with her one minute, and then the next is attacking her? It's not that rough I find it hilarious.

If it is not rough it sounds like he is playing. My older cat Victoria, took Andre in as her own when we brought him home at 5 weeks (I know, he was too young but he was dumped by his breeder because of a heart murmur). She would groom and coddle him. Now, four years later, he is bigger than she is. She still grooms his face and ears so loving and patient. He will put up with it for so long and then tackle her. This starts what I call "WWCF" world wrestling cat federation! Every night about 8 pm they go zipping through the house chasing and tackling each other. It's rather comical since they are clearly having fun.

All of my cats have had this behavior: suddenly, without any warning they will jump up and run around the house and leap in the air with their paws outstretched. Often they jump up on the wall as part of this. It's like they see a ghost. And I say "What's got into that cat?".

When it's over, it's over. They usually go to sleep:)

I've seen the sudden "attack" before, too. For some reason, especially with calicos. I've read that this can be communication--they're tired of being petted or licked or whatever and they have no other way to say so. It can also be an expression of affection. Like a "love bite" or a "love fight". I've also read that it can be over-stimulation. The petting or the cuddling or the grooming feels so great they just go nuts;)

this is my new cat spider i got about a month and a have ago oh yeah and my bunny haans and peanutbutter sadly past away

heres the cat link :( by the way i do not have spot anymore and spider is a boy

[ame]http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=xlf0k6&s=6[/ame]

my kitty would go INSANE over the smell of IcyHot. the way she flipped out and rubbed all over me, you'd think I was made of catnip.

I have a mother and daughter duo, they're 11 and 12 years old. (Cali-daughter and Smedley-mother) Smedley still cleans Cali, every night before bed. Then when Smedley is tired of grooming, she bites Cali on the ear and runs away. They're silly. I guess its okay since Cali nursed on Smedley for a year.

I have another cat, Smokey who HUNTS Smedley. All the time. Inside and outside, she hunts her and she chases her everywhere. Smedley is terrified of her because she's old and scared of being hunted. Sometimes I don't know if Smokey is playing, she is a good hunter of wild animals.

My cat just brings me presents in the middle of the night. It used to be plastic, like the plastic rings around ketchup bottles and stuff, cause he likes the crinkly sound. But we took all that away from him and now he's taken to bringing me bread ties. xD

CosmosMomma wrote:
My cat just brings me presents in the middle of the night. It used to be plastic, like the plastic rings around ketchup bottles and stuff, cause he likes the crinkly sound. But we took all that away from him and now he's taken to bringing me bread ties. xD

Those presents beat dead animal presents any day! Nothing like a squirrel on your steps to feel REALLY loved!

My cats like to bring me the big water bugs and spiders. I HATE SPIDERS!!! And the water bugs are so GROSS!! They scare me! My cats will put them on my chest and then smack me in the face until I wake up to see what they have brought me

Latest posts

Back