Funny buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonesy

Reaction score
I take Charlie to my moms to visit and hang out with buster, her cat. Well I went get him so we could leave and he was in busters litter box! Haha he goes in his box all the time now like it's the "animals only bathroom" it's so cute! What do your buns do that's clever or funny? :)

I was just about to do a seperate post about this but I can post it here :) Today I let Duckie out of her cage for a romp :) Her new favorite spot to hang out is underneath the bench that we keep our hats, mittens, etc. Well, today she discovered the bag of SHAVINGS that was next to it. She CHEWED RIGHT THROUGH THE BAG AND MADE A LITTLE "HANG-OUT" NEST UNDERNEATH THE BENCH!!!!!!! I though it was sooooooooo cute but it's kinda annoying :) LOL!
These are links to the pictures of it:
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll240/bethanymichelle101/MorefromBethanyscamera017.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll240/bethanymichelle101/MorefromBethanyscamera016.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll240/bethanymichelle101/MorefromBethanyscamera015.jpg

Haha yea me neither I don't think her cat enjoys a rabbit invading his space but Charlie doesn't mind haha!

Jonesy - what kind of litter does the cat use? I would be careful if it is typical clay based litter, that can be dangerous for the bun.

Duckie- that is too cute! can you put a little try under there and keep the shavings? Looks like a super cool bunny hangout!

I have two mini lops that have a cage with a play pen around it. I leave the door to the play pen open 24/7 because Indy hardly ever comes out and Becky is such a good girl that she can wander unsupervised (it's rabbit proofed of course). I don't really want Indy to wander because he's still having litter box issues. I thought he didn't go out because he didn't like walking on the two tiles that are by the opening. Today I saw he wandered out and was hoping around the room. Becky comes zooming out of bed and starts to nip him in the butt until he goes back to the play pen area! I'm guessing she doesn't want him to pee on the floor and get the wandering privalege revoked!

Duckie wrote:
Very annoying! I never knew that a bunny and a cat could share a litterbox. That's great!

Tiberius and my cat Gigi are best friends and they share a litter box. Sometimes they'll use it together (which is just weird).:bunnyheart
The other day I was laying on the floor and I was teasing Tiberius. I would goose him in the bum or tug on his tail and he'd run around then come back for me to do it again.:bunnybutt: After awhile I stopped even though he was loving it and I went back to reading. He hopped over trying to get me to tease him some more and I pushed him away. This made him angry- so he ran up to me, tugged me by my braid, then he raced away.:bunnydance: I tried to ignore him even after he did this multiple times. He became so frustrated with me ignoring him he ran up, grabbed my book right out of my hand and raced off with it. I had to chase after him to get it back. :happyrabbit: He thought this was the best game EVER!

jonesy wrote:
He uses a sand litter. What makes the clay litter bad for them?

There are a number of reasons.

If your rabbit is a digger at all, the sand litter gets very dusty and breathing in that dust makes them more likely to get pneumonia.
Some deodourant crystals in cat litter are toxic to rabbits, as well as if they should ingest some of it it is bad for their digestive tract. If eaten, it clumps together and causes a blockage. This can also happen if the rabbit breathes it in, it can clump in the respritory system.

Well, my cat uses the bunny's litter box haha. Hmmm funny thing Harvey does... well when I was watching a movie the other night I was on the floor and dozing a little. So were Harvey and the cats. All of the sudden I have a face full of rabbit. Some how he had snuck up on me and I didn't notice him until he was right in my face. He gave the tip of my nose, eye brow and cheek a little nibble and ran off.

Bunny has a bell that she has learned to ring annoyingly for butler service. It's also funny to watch her chew and and throw around toilet paper rolls. Also, my jeans have become a new scratching post for her for some reason.

Tiberius is a little stinker but he makes me laugh and we have a great time together. I walked him to the neighbors house up the street the other day so he could play with his doggy friend.
Since I take Tiberius with me on errands and people get to meet him they are surprised to see how friendly a rabbit can be. Most people didn't know rabbits could make such friendly and sociable pets. It's a shame people don't know how great rabbits can be. I'm sure more people would take better care of there buns and spend more time with them if they knew how much fun a bunny could be.

My kids LOVE to go to the pet store. I drive them around in the cart and let them check things out. They also get to pick out a treat (a different kind of hay to snack on). People are shocked how social they are.

Ghirardelli loves to jump, all four feet, into water dishes then run around leaving wet footprints all over!

Latest posts

Back