Funny buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly? I could probably write a book over the things that Yofi either does, or has done. The list is indeed, a long one.

But even without words Yofi can be funny. Case in point...he is currently sporting a cone to help protect his leg/chest area as it heals from a rather nasty infection. I took some pictures of him not long after he came back from having a biopsy at the vet's, immediately post- cone application. Take a look at this one:

PA034109.jpg

I'm sure he must've been thinking, "HEY!! Who turned out the lights??"

LOL @ Charlie
Aww poor Yofi, hope he gets better! The pic is too cute.

My Oreo is quite the clever buns. I swear it like she understands
english, and knows what we are talking about..hehe
We find ourselves saying certain words in pig latin,
i.e. the vet, nail trimming, new brand of rabbit food, etc
to outsmart her. LOL! I die laughing.

Ha! That's so funny, funnybunny!!! What happened to Yofi?! Poor thing. :( I feel bad for him even though he looks hilarious in the cone!

Duckie wrote:
You bring him every where you go? like to the bank or Walmart and stuff like that??? Wow!!!!! Cool!!!

Yes. I only take him to places that are pet friendly in town otherwise it's just me and my Service dog- which is incredible for people who have never seen a dog be friends with a rabbit. If someone doesn't want us there then I respect and put Tiberius in the car but most places are more likely to let me bring my bunny in then my service dog (even though they have to). I think most people think of rabbits being more clean then dogs so they're ok with my bun being in a business compared to my service animal. Tiberius is so friendly and I put his harness on and take him with me tucked under my arm and my dog at my side. Kids are just fascinated with him and how furry he is. He spent the day recently doing therapy at the Community Mental Health Clinic. Rabbits are ideal for mental health therapy because they are more gentle and less intense with there affection than dogs. People just adore him and they like to watch him play in the waiting room. Plus it puts people in a good mood from the moment they come in because they get greeted by this fuzzy little bunny.

I have two rabbits who refused to bond. Every time they are in direct contact with each other, they fight viciously.

When we tried to separate them, they went insane, trying desperately to get to each other. We ended up splitting our living room in half with a tall gate, and each gets their own side. They absolutely love to lay against each other and groom each other through the gate. If one ever leaves the room, the other is desperate to follow.

But they still won't get along without that gate. If the gate is removed, they fight like crazy. If anyone can explain this, I'd love to hear it! :p

Duckie wrote:
What happened to Yofi?! Poor thing. :( I feel bad for him even though he looks hilarious in the cone!

Yofi developed an abcess in the middle of his chest back in March. After some treatment and meds, it cleared up. But then in early June an infection developed not far from where the abcess had been. And ever since then it's been back and forth, back and forth...the infection would clear up only to reappear in another area of his chest. Finally had the site biopsied and it turned out he had a deep-seated infection that is not commonly seen. But one reason why he was developing extremely nasty open gashes at the infection site (from the vet's best guess) is that Yofi was tearing his skin open during the night. Hence the cone.

As an update, on Friday he finished his 3rd round of antibiotics and had the cone removed. Remarkably, his chest/leg area looks completely healed, with the fur grown over the site. Now it's a waiting game to see if he will leave the area alone this time. :)

Actually I will share one of Yofi's funnier stories here; this particular one took place a couple of years ago. Late one evening I was sitting in the living room watching tv, and Yofi, as usual, was running around the house. He had access to his room, the kitchen, and the living room, but that particular night he was just going back and forth between the kitchen and his room (*sploring*, as a Yofi will do).

As I sat watching tv I would catch glimpses of my boy hopping about, passing the doorway between the living room and kitchen. I wasn't worried about him, as there wasn't anything he could really get into. He was having fun it seemed, so I ignored him and focused on the program I was watching.

About 10 minutes later I heard a strange noise coming from the kitchen. It was sort of a rolling, shuffling sound, not very loud, but it was unusual. So I glanced over just in time to see Yofi amble once again past the doorway. Only this time he was erect, walking on his two hind legs, his front paws wrapped around the top of a small wire cart I kept in the kitchen. He strolled by so casually, pushing the cart on its little wheels, and headed toward his room...looking all the world like a shopper on his way out for groceries. And he made it all the way to his room too, before I stopped him. I discovered later that the reason Yofi was doing this was because I'd left a banana on the top tier of the cart, and in his attempt to reach it (and obviously steal the forbidden fruit) the wheels on the cart began moving, and so he went with it.

But I have to tell you, in all my years of owning rabbits, I've never quite been so stunned - or laughed so hard - as the evening that Yofi decided to go grocery shopping. :biggrin2:

Duckie wrote:
Wow! I should get a harness for Duck Duck! Approxamatley how much are they? Duckie's pretty small.

I bought a kitten harness for Tiberius. I like it better than any of the other rabbit harnesses I've bought. It was pretty cheap at around $3 at Walmart. I use a 5ft small dog leash on Tiberius to as I hate the rabbit leashes with the bungie cords inside and extenda-leashes are a bad idea for any animal.

Caught Tiberius taking a laid out, passed out bunny nap next to my redbone Abe's belly; who was laid out in a similar state. It was so cute and they were asleep on the same bed.

Latest posts

Back