FUN: Who is having litters this week? Share breed, expected dates, etc.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
So let's see - who is having litters this week? How many babies are you hoping for?

Any special hopes for the litters?

SHARE HERE!!!

Man I am a week or 2 late for this post, I had one litter on the 18th had 2 only one living and my newest was wednesday the 27th,had 6 with 5 living but now nothing for a while, my start next round of breeding in mid october/first week of Nov.
But my breed is Dutch

We are supposed to have a litter of mini lop/ californian crosses tonight, with the latest litters we are batting a negative 1000...2 breedings zero delivered so far, Hopefully 3rd time is the charm.
I think my other bunnies reabsorbed their litters due to the heat.

I wish we could breed during the summer, but unlessrabbits around here are in a climate controlled barn we'd just be sentencing the babies, and possibly the doe, to death.Our rabbit show season starts the end of September and it'll be Sept before we canbreed. :( I wish I lived further north!

I have a doe, Willow, due on Thursday. Nestbox went in today and she is a busy bee at the moment. I'm expecting nicely typed babies, the last time I made this cross I was impressed with her singleton. Sadly it was a REW and couldn't be shown or bred...so round 2 we go. :)

Icicle's a little more than a week out...she's currently 15 days along, so due some time around August 14th. She's a REW (so who knows what color she is "under" the white), and last time she was bred to Duke (broken black otter), they had all castors and broken castors, so that's what we're thinking we'll get this time, again. They're rex (the full-sized ones). I usually like to see at least 6 in a litter, but we're still going into the hottest part of the year, so a smaller litter might be better (or even expected).

Well OK they weren't born this week (they're 3 weeks old tomorrow, in fact) but my litter of 3 purebred Polish babies came up for deposits this week. :) I can't believe how teeny the ears are on my blacks! I adore this breed!

14734_020918_360000002.jpg

14734_020918_360000001.jpg

14734_020918_350000000.jpg

And next weekend I have my fingers crossed for two Netherland Dwarfs litters. Neither of the Moms has given us any babies yet, and one of them is a DreamCatcher Dwarf so I am begging her to give me something, ANYTHING! But because of the heat, I wouldn't be surprised if they just flunked out on both of us.

Elsie (my black silver marten DreamCatcher Dwarf) was bred to my adorable blue buck Jeffrey, so I'm expecting blacks, blues, and otters of both.

Cameo my chestnut doe was bred to Chesty (a black silver marten DreamCatcher Dwarf, full brother to Elsie) who I am not sure is proven, but if they are the color calculator says I'll get mostly chestnut with maybe some black otters thrown in there. I WANT A CHIN!

Latest posts

Back