FUN: Who is going to shows in August? When? Where?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
If you're going to a show in August - share here!

Any special hopes for this show?

Who/what will you be showing?

the only show I am going to is at the end of the month. Since it is fair time no other shows are going on. But I do plan doing a show Last weekend of august. In Monroe, Washington at the evergreen state fair. This will be my first fair showing rabbits in. My hope for this show is to be able win a class with my Black SR Buck so he can win his final leg to Grand. I am going to be showing 3 dutch's that weekend

this Friday and Saturday, me and two friends are going to Tennessee and Alabama to show. There is a Triple harlequin specialty and double fuzzy specialty in alabama, and the other 2 are going, and taking some of my rabbits.... and then there is a single show in Tennessee that a friend is running and I'm staying with her... showing there and keeping some of the other friends rabbits back for lol. Confusing!

Most other shows I hope to hit are in Michigan, but was just given a new job, where I'll move to for a few months, and driving 4.5 hours south to pick up my rabbits and then 6 hours back north, just is going to be too much.

I have our local county fair this week (entries tonight! eek! so much to do to prepare!). I'm mostly just entering to let people in town know that there is now someone who raises the larger rabbits. I'm pretty sure that since I took my hiatus from rabbits for college, the only breeds in town have been rather small (Netherlands, Holland Lops, Dutch, Thrianta, Dwarf Hotot, Lionheads, and lots of crosses), but at least 4-H leader approached me earlier in the year saying they'd been getting a lot of questions from people wanting large breeds. So, I'm entering Hyllus and Chela to represent my New Zealands, Lavender and Dazy to represent my Californians (my daughter might get to show Dazy, but he might be a little big at almost 8 lbs for a 4-year-old), Loki and Chip will represent my rexes (red and broken blue). I'm still debating if I want to also send one of my rex does, since my seniors are mostly past their prime (Sadie is still fairly firm in flesh), and the two junior does would both have to be entered since they live together. It might be nice to enter one of my black otters, too, since it's such a pretty color, but Duke is in the best condition, and being broken, it doesn't really show how pretty the color is. I don't want to enter too many since in the past, cage space has been tight at the fair. I pre-entered for seven cages, but who knows if anyone actually paid any attention to that.

And then, I'll be entering a few of my rabbits in the SW Washington Fair the 20th/21st. This will be my daughter's first chance to see an ARBA-sanctioned show (albeit a fair). I'm hoping to get good remarks on my rabbits, but I don't expect much, especially since my Californians are suffering for their markings with the heat. The rexes should do all right since most of them are coming into their junior prime, although I'm not sure what to expect for Duke. My main goal with this show is to get a good idea on how my rabbits measure up with rabbits in the area...and maybe keep an eye out for some more rabbits (I REALLY want to get some tricolor and chinchilla rexes).

We have two shows coming up
Sept 23-24 Cleburne, tx [4hrs north] and October 15 Seguin, tx [2.5 hrs west] are the last two for the show season i think

For those shows I will be taking Diesel my pride and joy from the latest litter who i wanted to take to convention. Serena who is a new black doe freshly transported from california. I will also bring my three brit babies who have finally molted out of their baby coats :)

I am hoping to do well like always and meet and greet with my rabbit show friends :) :)

Yea! My rabbits got judged at the fair today! To my great surprise Vern Palmblad was the judge! To my knowledge, we've never had a true judge at our fair (it used to always be either poultry judges or former ARBA judges).

Anyway, he gave Dazy, my Californian buck good marks for his body (yea!), and BOB. In the end, though, Chip (broken blue) beat out Loki (Red) which actually surprised me, since his coat is less dense by my figures, but Vern seemed to like his body better) for BOB, and Chela (NZW) got BOB, and then RIS! Yea! Too bad our fair isn't sanctioned.

Latest posts

Back