Fully bonded

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunnybunny254367819364

Reaction score
Hello. I have been bonding my rabbits since 6 weeks after they were spayed and neutered (bonding for 2 months now). We started in the bathroom then moved to open playtime in the room that their cages are in. At first my female was upset about the male going into her cage, but now they are both fine with sharing everything (they play in the room together everyday. Their cages are next to each other). My concern is that they haven’t been together in a closed cage before and sometimes the male will try to hump the female and chase her for a few seconds when she runs away. We are planning on attaching 3 playpens together with a large dog cage attached as well. So I wanted to know if I should let them live together in the playpens with dog cage set up? Or are there more signs I should look for to establish that they are completely bonded? I also read that bunnies should be kept in a small cage for a few days together and then be moved to a bigger cage. Both of my rabbits are used to a lot of space and playing in the room everyday so I feel that this would just make them agitated or would it be a good idea? I really appreciate any information you can provide!

Latest posts

Back