FTM only one kit- warm enough?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiffandTom

Reaction score
Good morning.

Our Holland Lop had her first litter early this morning. She only had one large baby that was born with some fur already on it. I'll add a pic.

My questions is, will it stay warm enough without other kits to share body heat? She did pull fur but when I checked on the litter and found it there alone it wasn't nearly as warm as the kits in my Lionhead litter of 6 kits. Will this baby be ok without other body heat? What can I do to help keep it warm enough? They are all indoors and we keep our house around 68-69 F.

Thank you in advance!
IMG_4778.jpg

They were born last Thursday on December 31. They're older but the lop is close to their size because it was the only one and the Lionhead litter was originally 7 babies.

There were 6 Lionhead kits that survived and we put two of them in with the Lop kit. Will this be OK?

Thats what I would do, not only will the lionheads help keep the lop warm but theyll get more mom to themselves as well

Thank you so much! We are new to this. I'm grateful for your input!

I just saw I got the date wrong. Not that it's a huge difference but Thursday was actually the 30th.

Latest posts

Back