FRUSTRATED!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The last two nights, I woke up from rolling over into a big puddle. For some reason my rabbit, which I've had for months, has decided that my bed is the litter box. She is litter trained obviously and her box was just cleaned, so why is she doing this?! :grumpy:

Hmmm...how old is the rabbit and is she spayed? Could be something to do with that. :?

I know that my own rabbits who are also litter trained will occasionally pee on the bed...or something else soft, they just seem to like to pee on soft things.

Remember, your bed smells very strongly of you, so it might well be that your bun is marking the bed - or else perhaps telling you that she needs to be able to get to the litter box. ;) A lot of bunnies seem to enjoy peeing on soft things, too - my bun does this, also the marking thing.

The bottom line here: She isn't allowed on my bed.

I think you might want to look into modifying your setup so that she can't get onto your bed at night. :)

I actually think that she's just angry that I didn't put enough litter in the box for her to dig... so she's probably just mad at me. Though it would probably be wise to not let Bunny on my bed at night, she's a real cuddler and I love it, so she'll probably keep sleeping with me.

Thanks for everyone's help.

When Pipp started doing that I put the litter box on the bed, and she did use it. And she kept using it when I snuck it back onto the floor.

And yeah, I'm with you -- I'll put up with using towels and throw-a-way bedspreads to have my bunny sleep with me.

(We are bonded, after all. And you traditionally sleep with your mate!)

sas :)

Pipp wrote:
(We are bonded, after all. And you traditionally sleep with your mate!)
:D

You got to get rid of that pee spot, or she will pee there again.

I take Pebbles out to her run to do her business before I let her on the bed. Like letting the dog out, so he will be good for a few hours.
I don't let Pebbles sleep with me. There are issues with my wife, where Pebbles would pee on her side of the bed. :p

Rainbows! :D

That's funny, my buns (who is a girl) used to pee and poo on my HUSBAND'S side of the bed. It was when we very first got her and she didn't know him well, so I think it was a jealousy thing.

Anyway, I washed the blanket that she peed on, but it soaked through to the mattress. I tried doing fabreeze on it, but I don't know how to wash it other than that. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back