FruFru and Boots blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at those crazy ears! He loves his walks

049-Copy.jpg

Thought I would include one of Bootsy Collins
077-Copy.jpg

I'm glad your Boots is doing well and I just Love Fru's crazy ears!
How long did it take for him to get use to his leash/harness? I saw a cat on a leash the other day. Maybe you can both take them for walks
:biggrin2:

It actually didn't take him very long. I just put it on him and let him hop around with it on for a few days. He loves going outside on it now. But I can never see Boots allowing it. It would be nice though.

So, I don't know about the rest of you out there but here in Kentucky we've been getting some pretty cold, nasty weather the past few days. Boots really seems to love it but Fru has no interest in it whatsoever.

It is that time of year again, and today I got my request for bunny Secret Santa, but as much fun as it is I don't know if we are going to do it this year for economic reasons as well as time. We participate in Operation Christmas Child every year as well along with a few other charities and I just can't bring myself to spend money on a rabbit who has a nice home with plenty all ready when I can give to a shelter where animals are doing without because of lack of resources or a child less fortunate than our children are. We will see though.
Fru may be making a trip to an elementary school to visit "my little sister".I would love to take him along for her to see and since it is only one child I believe he would do great, and wouldn't put him through it otherwise but before he can go he needs his nails clipped and I absolutely refuse to do them, so I guess a vet trip would be in order.

Poor Fru!
Perhaps you need to make him a bunny Sunggie for the winter :)

That's so wonderful that you participate in those charities!

I would love to get a bunny snuggie, I just have trouble getting the harness on him I couldn't imagine an article of clothing. But I am getting him a Halloween costume whether he likes it or not. hehe.
We just feel so blessed that I love to give some back.

I am never going to the pet store ever again, I will order my supplies online from now on. I went in the other day to find Fru a new harness because his was pink and green, and on my way out an employee came in carrying a cage, that looked like one used for trapping animals, for those who aren't from an area where hunting is done a lot(like me) means the cage is wider than it is tall. Inside was a large, adult rabbit, who was covered in filth and had a few pieces of iceberg lettuce and a tomato thrown in the bottom he couldn't even stand up. The employee asked if I wanted him because someone saw he worked at the store and just gave the rabbit to him!
It broke my heart that I couldn't take him,my resources are just too stretched. I would have taken him anyways but my mother wouldn't allow it and since it is her house I couldn't just bring him anyways. but it has been upsetting me for days, my dad says "you can't save the world Brittany" but I can't get that poor rabbit off my mind. He was an older rabbit so they must have had him for a long time and just to throw him out like that I will never understand.
But I guess some good came out of me seeing that I've been spending some quality time with Fru and have learned how to take care of him better than I could when I first got him( though I still can't find a vet to clip his nails and I am too afraid to do it.)
As I said I got him a new harness yesterday, and he really loves taking walks. I took him out in our back yard for an hour this evening since the weather has been mild and here, and he loves running through the leaves, I am still a bit nervous to take him outside but he loves it so much, I can't take it from him.

Super cute pictures though...

360.jpg

363.jpg

I am super frustrated about the fact that I can't find anyone around the area to clip Fru's nails. This will be the first time ever he has had his nails clipped,his nails have never really needed but as he gets older he is in bad need of a nail trimming. I have even called vets that claim to specialize in small animals ans they won't even clip his nails, I love owning my rabbit, but it is crazy the lack of value placed on their care! I am afraid to do so but I may have to attempt a nail trimming on my own, which I am afraid to do, or drive to Charleston WV, which is an hour from home and stressful to everyone involved, to take him to the vet I use when it comes to major health problems and who did great with his neuter.
So, I really just don't know...

Hello Everyone,

I am back from a long break, I've been super busy these past few weeks and haven't had time to update.
J.J.- I know I need to get on here more, I am glad you will keep me in check LOL.
Julianna- Thanks! If you enjoy the hiking try the horseback riding you won't be disappointed. I would move there if I could! But I see you live further away, I am thankfully close enough I can go for the weekends.

So, Fru is doing well, he is now comfortable enough with the basement. I still don't get to spend quite as much time with him as I would like, it seems like the time I spend is used for cleaning the cage etc... I finally found someone to cut his nails. Thank God! Now we are just waiting for an appointment it is going to cost me $50 but at least he is getting his yearly check up to go with it.
He really loves the harness we go out on it like 3 times a week. He doesn't even give me problems when putting it on anymore.
I do have some nutritional issues that concern me now, since he used to be free range I didn't worry about what he ate because the exercise kept down hairballs and kept his digestive system moving. He isn't over weight or anything I just worry because he never really enjoyed hay so really the only hay he gets is from pellets. He is such a picky eater.
On a more positive note, Boots is in the middle of transition from outside cat to inside. When I lived alone he was inside but when I moved into my parent's house my father wouldn't allow him inside. But last week my dad came to me and said Boots could start coming in when he wanted. That's just like Boots to win my dad over with his personality. I haven't really mentioned that much about Boots but he is the sweetest guy. He doesn't even act like a cat! More like a dog. So I am buying his inside stuff today so we will see how it goes.

Can I rant about Non-Rabbit things for just one post?

This time of year really stresses me out. I have so much school work to do that even if I stayed awake for the next 24 hours straight I wouldn't get it all finished. And I wonder why I always get sick after finals week? Then on top of that add all of the Thanksgiving and Christmas related activities that I attend. Add a bit of Christmas shopping. Meetings with my little sister every week and planning fun things for her. Then there is pet maintenance. Fru has to get into the vet next week to clip his nails and Boots has an abscessed tooth. Needless to say I have a lot on my plate right now... Come on December 10th.

How can I not know what you feel! (I do)

Just letting you know I'm AeroGoes Thump but changed my name since both my rabbits died. (Don't cry they're happier now. And no we don't know why)

Well best of luck to you and my darling Fru. Maybe him and Pembrooke could go on bunny dates!

I was looking at Pembrooke's pictures and she looks a lot like Fru just brown! But I think bunny play dates would be hard since Pembrooke lives so far away. Haha

Update: What a week we've had. First, we had no water in the house for two days because of a water leak, then today we came home to a freezing cold house because our heater went out.
The pets are doing well Fru may be going on a trip to meet my little sister from the Big Brothers Big Sisters program I think she would really enjoy him, just have to check with the school first. Boots' inside trial run didn't turn out so well he drove us all crazy meowing at the door all night.

Latest posts

Back