From the Pen of Poe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some photos of it open:

4374895.jpg

4374898.jpg

4374901.jpg

4374904.jpg

Poe got a new litterbox today. :) It's the same as the old one, but the grate is there. He did pee on the cloth bottom of the cage. I replaced it with another cloth (yellow with sea stars on it) and put it in the wash. I'm trying to figure out a different way to do his hay, rather than the basket. ...OOOO just typing that gave me an idea. :) OK, so... I'll put one of my book bins from my classroom in there with hay. He can sit in the bin and poop as he eats, without it getting all over the cage. That works :)

I got lots of hay and stick toys for him to play with, too. I also stuck a bunch of toilet paper tubes in the side of the cage for him to tug at. He hasn't soiled the rug on the top shelf at this point (knock on wood). He's getting out every night, jumping into my lap and the kids' laps. All in all, I think he's a happy bunny, and I'm a happier bunny mommy.

We're all doing grand. The new job is going well and Poe still loves to hop into our laps looking for treats, the little mooch! He doesn't believe us when we tell him the chair is off limits when it's empty, but mostly just loves hopping around. He tries to get into the fireplace occasionally. I think he likes the black soot on his black fur. :p He's got a great personality and I don't know what I'd do without him. I only wish it was a little cooler so I could get him outside on the porch, but I don't want to stress him out with the Florida heat!

Elf Mommy wrote:
He tries to get into the fireplace occasionally. I think he likes the black soot on his black fur.
I can just imagine the little sooty bunny tracks hopping all over the place! :p

Good to hear that everyone is doing OK, and you are settling into your job well! :)

Minda I just went through you blog. My goodness that Poe is one Cutie.

I love all your comments that go along with the pictures.

Susan:)

I went out to lunch with some company representatives today at a Mexican restaurant. One rep got some steak soft tacos and they gave her a bunch of freshly minced cilantro to go with it. She had already seen photos of Poe (we were sharing pet pix), so when I asked her if she'd save any leftovers for him, she was thrilled to do it. :) Here he is enjoying it!

five.jpg

009-1.jpg

eleven.jpg

019-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

Just read back through this. :) Too fun. Love my Poe. He has his own facebook page now. facebook.com/fromthepenofpoe
I'm going to try to get back here from time to time, though. :)

Latest posts

Back