From Hero to Zero! Aggressive Male Rabbit biting humans hard!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nattyohlala

Reaction score
Yes this is extreme, my male rabbit has attacked my children, he was an amazing boy up until the spring, My 4yo son was bitten so hard yesterday it bled, lucky he is a champ and said 'i still love him'.. so we hope Merlin goes back to the guy we all loved.. he is getting neutered on Monday and we can only hope he returns to his normal self..what are the odds? Any happy endings anyone? We are scared we will be stuck in this terrifying situation.

If the aggressive behavior is because of hormones, he will turn into the cuddly bunny you was used with before. Some bunnies react negative when they get pumped with hormones.

It will take around 8 weeks for the hormones to calm down after a neuter. I hope neutering will help correct Merlin behavior.

Hi, what age is your Merlin and how long is he with you? What your son was doing right before that?

Hi, what age is your Merlin and how long is he with you? What your son was doing right before that?
Hi,
Merlin is around 11 months, we've had him since 9 weeks old (approx) My son was lying on the grass with another one of our Rabbits, and Merlin came over and got really cross I guess. I can stoke him when he eats and he is good in the hutch.

Is Merlin bonded with the other rabbit? If not, he may have smelled the rabbit scent on your son and got territorial.

I'll bet he just needs to be neutered. Like @Hermelin said. If he doesn't go back to his normal cuddly self, it could just be that he is just territorial. Also, maybe he was jealous of the other rabbit and wanted attention?

Is Merlin bonded with the other rabbit? If not, he may have smelled the rabbit scent on your son and got territorial.
No he's not bonded with the other bunny yet. They are not in the same hutch. I hope this is a matter of neutering and all well.

Hoorayyyy, Merlin has returned to his former self!! He shows no aggression towards anyone anymore!! Full regression in around a month after neutering! He is happy, content and easily handled. Will quite happily spent the day on the sofa like he used too! Definitely neuter problematic rabbits to rule out hormonal changes!!
Happy ending for Merlin 🖤🔮🐰

Hoorayyyy, Merlin has returned to his former self!! He shows no aggression towards anyone anymore!! Full regression in around a month after neutering! He is happy, content and easily handled. Will quite happily spent the day on the sofa like he used too! Definitely neuter problematic rabbits to rule out hormonal changes!!
Happy ending for Merlin 🖤🔮🐰

That’s great for Merlin and I’m happy he got back to normal again ☺️💕

Hormones can truly cause bunnies to become grumpy.

Latest posts

Back