From cupcake to Gracie

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Lisa, let me tell you, they wanted me to take 10 days of this medicine 3 times a day. Its called Methergine. IT WAS AWFUL!!!! They actually use it for labor and delivery for hemorrhaging. It is hardcore!!! I thought I was going to die!!! I was on Methergine, flagyl, doxycycline, 800mg motrin, and vicodin! The vicodin didnt even touch the pain.

Oh, that sounds absolutely awful, hope it all get sorted soon. Poor little boy, I hate seeing really small babies when they´re not happy, sort of tugs your heart strings. Glad he´s feeling better now anyway and I did laugh at your little girl..doing what she´s told when daddy says so...sometimes kids are just too funny.

Poor Gracie is probably just a bit confused by it all, I´m sure she´ll improve when you all get back into a normal routine.

So we went out to dinner tonight. We went to Golden Corral. Everything was going well until Liam got hungry. I breastfeed but I use what I pump for when we go out. So I poured some pumped milk in a bottle and started feeding him. He took about an ounce and then had a meltdown. I tried everything to soothe him. Nothing was working and he was screaming. People are staring at this point. So I pulled out my breastfeeding cover (looks like an apron) and fed him. He immediately quieted down. He just wanted that comfort. Some woman had the nerve to approach our table and tell us she did not "appreciate" me breastfeeding my child in the restaurant. Before I even had a chance to say something, my husband told her that he didn't appreciate her approaching our table and confronting me and if she had a problem with me feeding him than she could move to a different table. It's not like I was sitting there exposed. I had my cover on and nothing could be seen. I actually started to cry after all was said and done. I don't feel I should have to go in the bathroom or out to my car to feed my son. I dont eat in the bathroom so why should he? I'm gonna keep a bag of Gracie's poop in my purse and throw it at people when they make me mad!

Last edited:
It´s so sad that some people are so intolerant when you are trying to do things discreetly and without offence and something that is, after all, completely natural. I am so glad your hubby jumped in there to defend you and point out something blatantly obvious before you even had to ask, I would have been so proud of him. It is such a shame that she spoiled your evening and upset you.

Yes, throwing Gracie´s poop at them would be so hilarious, I bet that would have shut them up lol.

I didnt even finish my dinner. I took Liam and went to the car because I was so upset. I had only had a chance to eat my salad. Didnt even get to eat my actual food. My husband had them pack my food up for me which usually they wont do because its buffet but they were very understanding. We were actually sitting at the back of the restaurant by the windows so its not like I was bothering anyone. Honestly, Liam has to eat to. I chose to breastfeed for a reason. I keep him and myself covered so my chest isn't visible. I just dont understand why it's such a big deal :( I am very glad that i have a husband who will handle situations like this before I even get a chance to speak. He truly is my protector lol

OMG that´s even worse you having to leave because of someone elses bad manners. I am sure you were very respectful of other diners and I just can´t see the problem but it was such a shame it totally ruined your dinner. I think your husband was more than restrained, I´d have felt like doing something much worse aaarrrggghhhh.

Screw the lady that objected. It is so much better for Liam to be breastfed and if the bottle wasn't working but the bf was than that is what needed to be done. Since you were covered she had no reason to say anything. Some people just thrive on being miserable and trying to make others miserable as well.
I bf my daughter and I believe it helped her avoid illness as a baby. All of us came down with the flu, it lasted in my case longer than it should have due to stress and she never even had a sniffle.

I do prefer that women bfing in public cover up simply because some things you prefer waiting until a child is older to explain although it is a natural thing.

Pack up the bunny poo and use it next time!

Lisa, I live in a very busy city. Fast food on every corner and 5 different high schools in this city. It's considered a tourist city lol. This woman was probably in her 30's and just really rude. I use my cover when we are at church and nobody ever says anything. Ive had people come up to at church and have general conversation with me while I am breastfeeding. I just don't understand why this woman approached me that way :(

PaGal, I completely agree about covering up in public because of children. Being that Audrina sees me BF all the time, it doesnt phase her, but I wouldn't want to cause probelms for a parent and a child asking questions that the parent isn't ready to explain. My husband has a 10 year old sister and when I got pregnant she started asking alot of questions that my mother-in-law is trying to figure out how to explain. Its hard for her, because the 10 year old doesnt have the normal maturity level of a 10 year old. So when I am over there and need to feed Liam, I go to my MIL bedroom and shut the door. Partly because I dont want her asking me questions lol

She just sounds like a very unhappy person and probably goes through life complaining about everything that is not exactly as she likes and sounds like a very intolerant person.

I think that as long as you bf showing respect to others and discreetly, there should never be a problem. It isn´t always feasible to find somewhere more private and why should you anyway.

Don´t take it personally, after all, she´s the one with the problem not you.

I started reading through this because Gracie is very cute and sounds like she has quite the personality, but I had to comment on the breastfeeding, too. Some people have no sense of boundaries. How does it not strike someone as invasive to go up to a person's table and comment on what's going on under a cover? You did nothing wrong, and it's a shame that your family dinner was cut short due to someone else's poor social behavior.

I also breastfed and I'm so happy to see that so many of us did! Hhaha. High fives for boobie babies! I never breastfed in public though, mostly because we didn't go anywhere and when we did I fed before we went and we just went to the store. Hell, we still never go out to dinner and the kid can use a fork! haha.
Anyway, I've seen plenty of women BF in public with no covers and it doesn't bother me. I guess maybe because I've been there so I know what its like to have a screaming kid who wants to eat...and you're the food source. Screw making a bottle, they're attached! haha.
I watched an Indian lady walk around a craft store, boob out, kid attached. I thought it was awesome! She did not care one bit that everyone was like ... woah, boob. haha. She was like 'whatever, I do what I want' Picking out scrap booking supplies and feeding a kid, THATS multitasking.

Like everyone else said, you did nothing wrong. That lady needed to remove rod A from slot B. She was totally rude. I'm so glad Nick was able to say something before you.
If I had been in that situation, I would hope that my husband would say something, but I'm not sure. He would probably have surprised me. But chances are, I would have just flashed her. I would have been like "oh, you think this is inappropriate?" BAM boob in the face! "now THATS inappropriate!" Thats how it would have happened if it were me. Then I would have been on the news as the BF flasher. Watch out! Gah, I can't wait to have another kid, because the above scene is SO happening if I ever meet that situation. hahaha.

Oh and no one, I mean NO ONE wants to hear a screaming child. If you're a parent or not, no one wants that. Other mothers are like, 'omg, please figure out what it needs or I will'. People without kids are like 'omg, just shut that kid up!' Then the poor parents are like 'omg, everyone is looking, this is so bad!' Its hard on all involved. So if a boob fixes the crying, then a boob is what needs to happen!

Yes, I have said boob a LOT in this post. If it offends anyone...boob.

What a laugh...I was afraid to mention the word but now it´s definitely out there in the open haha.

you guys are hilarious...I definitely needed that laugh!!!

Anyways, I have started to get together some plastic easter eggs and looking for other easter themed things because I am going to do some pictures of the kids and Gracie for Easter. I am so excited! And being that Gracie reminds me of the Cadbury bunny, what better theme to do than Easter :) I want to find her some kind of bow or something to put on top of her head, or I could loosely tie a ribbon on her ears if she will let me...who I am kidding, she lets me do whatever I want to her. Ive never seen a rabbit that will sit quietly, not move, and let me brush her and do her nails. i think she enjoys it haha...just gotta wait for some warm weather so I can do the pics outside :)

That sounds great. She is a good girl if she sits still for that, I´d have to catch mine first lol.

I can't wait to see pictures of Gracie and the kids for Easter! I bet Gracie will look so cute with bows and easter eggs around her.
You gotta put Liam in some kind of tiny suit.

We went and visited Gracie's vet today. They wanted to see Gracie and meet Liam. I love these people! The vet sent Liam a book and a card in the mail a few weeks ago. So we had to go visit. It was a family affair
14894_10151270159525759_2051315596_n-1.jpeg

574659_10151270159540759_1654052688_n.jpeg

Oh my gosh he is so sweet and an amazing vet!! He loves his patients! You should see him with a bunny. He holds them up to his face and kisses on them and snuggles with them. He loves bunnies! I couldn't have picked a better vet if I tried! He was the vet that did Olivia's spay and did all the testing on her right before she died. I called them when she died and he got on the phone with me and apologized immensely and got choked up. He loved Olivia. She was their only Rex rabbit and he loved her fur. She died right after I left the vet. He told me her prognosis wasn't good, but he NEVER said anything about putting her down. Even though her prognosis wasn't good, he said she still had a good quality of life even if it was for a short time because she was active and eating. He felt horrible when she died. But he couldn't have known that was going to happen. The seizure she had is what took her. She probably would've lived a few more months if she hadn't had that seizure. I cant even tell you how nice everyone is there. They keep up with all their patients and know them all by name. They have their own facebook page and post pics of the animals all the time. They have contests and give stuff away. They have seminars so you can learn about your animals. He did a rabbit seminar recently on E. Cunniculi and it was GREAT!!! It's a 45 min drive for me to get there, but its so worth it

He sounds absolutely fantastic and the pics are just lovely. It´s great to see the two kids together and Liam is certainly growing. It must be so much better when they have a connection with your pet, makes you feel much safer whatever they have to do. Sounds like a great vet´s practice.

Gracie is looking great as well :D

Latest posts

Back