Frisky Senior Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
Hi All.
Hope you are all safe! I have an old rabbit 10 we think who we rescued 16 months ago and we have a doe 20 months who is neutered. I’m trying to bond them so we can keep in same hutch. I have been following bonding guides but when I put them together in garden pen he constantly chases her for mating. I wondered will they eventually settle and get on ok? I only put them together for a hour or so and I watch to make sure no fighting. They don’t fight but it’s like cat and mouse. He’s too old to be neutered. Any ideas from you?

He's doing what comes naturally. It's not a trait you can train out of him. If he's bothering her and they can't work it out you'll have to keep them separated. She may be willing to tolerate it, hard to say. I wouldn't count on him stopping though.

The hunting and mating can just be to clarify who the boss is, as long as there are no real fights I would let them be and give them three days to clarify it.

But with 10 years and two young ones it can be that it doesn’t work out because the young ones have much more energy etc.

Latest posts

Back