Friend found a rabbit!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aurora369

Reaction score
I just got a phone call from my old roommate and she was in a huge panic because she had just caught this rabbit who was running around outside. She was by a friends house when she saw her running around outside, so she had to catch her.

She had no idea what to do, or how she was going to get her home. I told her if she could get her in a box, then the bus would be fine.

I told her to keep her in the bathroom overnight, feed it some grass/dandilions/spring mix and provide a little water dish. My friend was very worried about fleas, but I told her that rabbits don't get fleas very often, so she should be okay.

I'm going to bring some NIC cubes, some hay and grooming supplies tomorrow to help her out.

Poor bunny has been outside since about Christmas time according to neighbors. Very luck we've had a mild winter.

My friend is not sure if she is going to keep the bunny, foster or see if a rescue can take her. I have a feeling she's going to keep the little bunny, I think she misses my bunnies...

I'll make sure to bring my camera with me and post some pictures for you guys.

-Dawn

Wow what a lucky little bunny though....so glad your friend caught him/her..as least it's of the streets now and is safe.

Ahh the poor little dote having to put up with that living outside since Christmas, I hope she finds a good home with your friend!

I think your friend did very well to catch the rabbit! it's hard enough to catch a rabbit in the lounge room if she doesn't want to be caught...

well done and good on her :)

I will be checking back for updates, photos etc

I'm waiting for Ryan to get the pictures of the camera for me, but he is so cute!!

He is a little tiny, tiny Netherland Dwarf, dilute harlequin. It is definitely a little boy, fully mature.

My friend is going to post some posters in the neighbourhood and make an ad on Craigslist, just in case someone is looking for him. I doubt it, but just in case. She is not going to post a picture, and require the claimer to provide a detailed description before giving him back.

If no owner comes forward, she is going to keep it. She has to run it by her roommates and if they are not cool with it, then Ryan and I will take the little guy.

He is super friendly and full of kisses! I can't believe how friendly he is. He spent last night in the bathtub, and he's now in an NIC condo I helped my friend build.

His name is going to be Noah.

He had a bit of oil/grease on his back from going underneath cars, so we had to wash it off. He was such a good bunny and let me hold him at a funny angle so we could avoid getting the rest of him wet.

His eyes, ears, skin, fur and nails all look healthy. Not skinny, and seems to be in pretty good condition for having been outside for so long.

I will post some pictures of him as soon as they are off the camera :)

-Dawn

Wow he gives kisses....what a super friendly bunny.....i think he might be showing you guys just how grateful he really is :)

Oh Dawn, how cool. Thank goodness your friend saw the little thing. Yay!:bunnydance:

A Nethie? Aww. Such little things anyway, hard to believe he made it. Aww. great job, guys!!

Okay, here are some pictures for you guys, prepare for cuteness!

He likes to chin everything, spent a lot of time making sure everything in the cage was "his"

How friendly is this little guy? Giving kisses on the first day

I haven't spoken with my friend yet, so I don't know how her room mates are taking to the little guy. I'm hoping that they are okay with him staying. My friend is certainly falling hard and fast for him.

-Dawn

Hiya, it's Noah's mom here. Or temporary mom anyway. I didn't know it was help a rabbit month!! Well, there ya go. I've done my part and I have a few days left over. Anyway he's doing well and is doing surprisingly well with the litter box. He likes to run around me in circles while I sit on the floor using my laptop. Too cute! Anyway there ya go. I believe you people have another convert :)

Thanks! I'm trying to decide what to do with the rest of the month. Maybe I'll go looking for more? Dress up like a rabbit? Take a rabbbit out for a bowl of chowder and a movie? What's customary during rabbit month?

Leanne wrote:
Thanks! I'm trying to decide what to do with the rest of the month. Maybe I'll go looking for more? Dress up like a rabbit? Take a rabbbit out for a bowl of chowder and a movie? What's customary during rabbit month?
HA ha ha I think it would suit me is you dressed up like a rabbit and walked around downtown...only one condition u need to video tape it lmao

good for u on helping this little guy out...Kudos!!!!

I am so glad you found him. What a lucky rabbit. He is adorable. He looks so social and loving. I hope you keep him! That way we get to see lots of pictures of him.

Welcome to RO, Leanne! You are an absolute bunny saint! :hug:

I think he needs a tiny Olympic sweater ;). Go around town on the leash LOL!

(Maybe moving a bit fast, eh?:D Looks like Noah is settling in beautifully... I sure do hope he gets to stay with you!)

Thanks for the welcomes! I like the oly sweater idea, leash him up and take him to the pavillions. The Neatherland Dwarf Pavillion is at my house now! Heh. Some friends are coming over to see him tonight so there should be new pictures soon.

Latest posts

Back