Freeze

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreezeNkody

4 Fuzz-Butts
Reaction score
I posted the other day how my dwarf is over weight. So I took the advice on feeding her 1/4 cup of pellets 1 time a day and tons of hay and water. Started her diet with hopes it doesn't affect the other one. (They share) I noticed today she's kinda sluggish and doesn't want to do much. ( they aren't the cuddly type) just sitting in the corner. I have noticed she's had poopy butt so I clean it the best I can. I'm thinking she is so fat she can't clean herself properly. They aren't too much into greens I'll give then some grass and dandelion greens spinach when I have some. I'm at a loss because I just want them to be happy. She doesn't run or binky so it's hard to give her exercise. So I'm not sure what to do! I hate that she seems unhappy. Maybe she's not ? Any ideas?? Help a bun mom out.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

If she's sluggish and has a poopy but you may want to get her to a vet. If the poop is just cecals that she's laid in your alright--we use unscented baby wipes to clean ours. We have to adjust the amount of veggies some of ours get--too much and we have to do cleanup on aisle two.

It was cecals that I hadn't noticed she's cleaned up. Lil bit left but I don't want to stress her out. They don't get a lot of greens it's mainly pellets and Timothy hay. I will say her poopy butt was my fault I had bought a bag of food and then found out it was alfalfa. I threw it away and put her back on Timothy pellets. So my question is how do I get her to exercise? She's super lazy!! Cause she's fat!

Have you tried giving her time out of the cage? Maybe set up some tunnels and fun things to jump on/thru?

I give them 2 hours outside the xpen every other day. I've put boxes, tunnels, toys to throw and she just sits there. She's over weight so she's lazy. I just don't know what else to do

Hmm. Maybe set up her food in a manner where she has to work to get it?

Maybe you could hand feed her each pellet and kinda move around? Man i'm sorry, i'm not really much help!

Maybe try letting her out every day instead of every second day. That would definitely make a difference both physically and mentally:)

Latest posts

Back