Free roaming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brie Prsnk

Reaction score
I have been wanting to free roam biscuit in my bedroom. What is a good start? I know I'm going to have to bunny proof and make sure there isn't anything out he can get into trouble with. I have an area in mind to put his litter box and supplies so that should be taken care of. Any products you would suggest?

I have been wanting to free roam biscuit in my bedroom. What is a good start? I know I'm going to have to bunny proof and make sure there isn't anything out he can get into trouble with. I have an area in mind to put his litter box and supplies so that should be taken care of. Any products you would suggest?
Thick plastic tube to thread cords threw you can get it at any home improvement stores I put card boards against any wood

I’d invest in some wood/plastic covers for any baseboards or furniture. My rabbits destroyed our baseboards in some places. Also provide tons of toys the more toys he has the less likely he will be to go after your stuff. It also helps to go into this knowing that he might/probably will get into something. Don’t get mad or punish him because things are replaceable but the bond with your rabbit is not. Good luck!

There will be a learning curve as you figure out what your particular bunny likes to get in to. Some rabbits will destroy what others will totally ignore. So you will have to learn as you go with each rabbit.

It can also change with time. The longer he has to get to know an area, the more likely he is to start "investigating" places or items that he previously ignored. So expect to have to make changes as you go.

There are some helpful bunny proofing tips here.

Thank you for the replies. We started free roaming a few days ago and so far he is doing good. His first morning of free roam he was doing binkys all over and was very happy. He's been doing zoomies all over. Thanks for the tips!

Latest posts

Back