Free At Last, Free At Last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seniorcats

Reaction score
Thank God Almighty free at last! I am going to be a free person at the end of February - retired at age 53. Glory, Glory Glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand this working business any more. Just found out today and will soon be making it official with my agency.

Ye-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e Ha-a-a-a-a-a-a--a-a-a-a-a-W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fat girl doing a happy dance in Ohio :weee::yes: Can ya' hear me now???????

He! That's why I planned the trip to Fiji in March.I figured I would be leaving and wanted to celebrate in grand style. And thanks! When I do make it to Florida I will bring Dr. Melody to visit your girls.

Congratulations! I hope you make the best of your time now! My grandma retired at 50 years old, 1 year ago (she's my grandpa's second wife and is quite younger than him - hence her being too young to be my real grandma) but she got called back to work.....which turns out to be more relaxing than the life she had being retired since there was no job to go to, she got ALL the house work and errands to run. However she is also rasing my cousin since my aunt is a recovering drug addict. Sad story.

Anyhow, WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! for you!

:pinkbouce::woohoo:toastingbuns

missyscove wrote:
Congratulations!
What sort of job are you retiring from, if you don't mind sharing?

I work for agovernment agency inOhio in the Office of Research, Assessment and Accountability. I am a regional officemanager supervising a group of research management analysts. We review, audit and assessthe work of 22 countyagencies (many Appalachian counties) to ensure compliance with piles and mountains of federal government rules and regulations and to ensure they are spending state and federal tax payer money correctly, not to mention appropriately servicing their clients.

I design statistically valid sampling methodologies, write massive volumes of gobbledigook oncompliance or noncompliance with federal law, financially sanction or rewardagencies based on performance and compliance and generally save the state40 to 80 million dollars a year. It's a great job for someone with a politcal science and math or statistics background. It's also demanding, exhausting and underpaid. I am blessed with a group ofvery bright, hard working, slightly or very crazy, out right driven employees.

Been doing this type work for 30 years, have survived many goofy and down-right badadministrations, directors, governors, cancer, an autoimmune disease and now I really need to go have a life, tend my home and family and animals.

If I get another job, it will be the same thing I did as a 12 year old - mucking out stalls at the local stable. No, I am not kidding. No one messed with an adolescent with a pitchfork and no one will mess with a grumpy middle-aged wild woman with a pitchfork.Cleaning up horse crap back in the 1960's was the better of the 2 jobs in the long run. :) :) :)

YAYY!!! WOOHOO!!! How wonderful!! Congratulations to you!

Is it weird for a 27yo to say that she can't wait for retirement, too?? Hehe...

Freedom hugs to you!

Rosie*

seniorcats wrote:
If I get another job, it will be the same thing I did as a 12 year old - mucking out stalls at the local stable. No, I am not kidding. No one messed with an adolescent with a pitchfork and no one will mess with a grumpy middle-aged wild woman with a pitchfork.Cleaning up horse crap back in the 1960's was the better of the 2 jobs in the long run. :) :) :)
THats great,lol

Latest posts

Back