Freds winkie!! Semi urgent!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagginslover

Reaction score
1618c2a5.jpg

This is my mini lops manhood after a minor scuffle with my dwarf lop. I have been trying to bond them, they were together for about 3 hours before the scuffle broke out.

There was much humping from both of them throughout the whole period they were together, and they were settling down when my boy pushed it too far ( I think the girly was getting tired.

Does that look right for a bunny 'thing' after so much 'fun' or has he been nipped? The red isn't blood, it seems to be under the shin, but it won't go away like it usually does either .

Oohh that looks painful )x!!

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about this stuff... but me responding will send this topic right to the top of recently posted and such so hopefully someone with more experience will be able to help you!

Could it be a prolaped anus? It looks more like that than a penis. It could be a very swollen penis, and if that's the case, I would disinfect it and apply ice (in a towel) for 5 min.

If it is a rectal prolapse, then he needs to see a vet ASAP.

It's definatly all penis, I have checked it over pretty thoroughly, and it's all coming out of the penis hole bit (no idea what that part is called!)
They ate separated again, and he has been confined to his hutch since, I'm worried too much jumping around will make ut worse.
I will apply some ice, thanks for that tip. Is salt water ok to disinfect it with, I don't think I have anything else I'd want to put on his delicate areas! ;)

No, nothing like that, I only recently moved out of my parents house, and all the medical stuff is still with them (it's theirs)
Not even sure I can get that in the UK..... I'll go to the pharmacy and ask though :)

I got a baby safe mild skin antiseptic from the supermarket, he didn't seem any more bothered by it being put on than when I was examining it, abd he isn't licking at it, so it can't be stinging him.
The swelling isn't any better after icing, it's no worse though either, I was worrying about the small hole strangulating his winkie with all the swelling, but having had a poke, it does retract, I think he might have it out on purpose, maybe it's more comfortable. I'll keep an eye on it tomorrow, and keep applying the ice and antiseptic, hopefullybit will have gone down a bit by morning, poor chap :(

Poor Freddie!
The sweeping hadn't changed much at all this morning, and there was creamy White stuff round the base of his penis, so I whisked him off to the vet. I was able to see a very bunny knowledgable vet, whose own rabbits have suffered the very same thing, it was such a releif to have someone look at him in the flesh with first hand knowledge of this.
She gave him antibiotics, anti imflammatories, and painkillers, with more to have at home over the weekend. I just put him to bed, and his winkie has gone down so much already, and has popped back inside where ut should be :)
Thank you so much for the help andadvice yesterday, I really appreciate it :)

Ah yes the white stuff sounds a bit like an infection. That was the right thing to do. Hope it heals fast!

Latest posts

Back