Frederick County Animal Control (MD) Overflowing With Mini-Rexes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strongheart

Reaction score
FCAC located in Frederick, Md., is overflowing with 8 mini-rex rabbits as of 12/12/07.
(see link below for photos)

There are five females and 3 males. The shelter does not have the capacity to house all these rabbits in addition to the ones they currently have and some must get out to rescue as soon as possible or adopted.

The females are black, 2 charcoal, 1 buff and 1 light gray and the males are buff, light gray and charcoal.

All of them are extremely well-socialized and friendly although they didn’t appreciate me poking around in their privates to doublecheck their genders.

I believe the ‘poppa’ rabbit is the buff male with the scar on his lip (which is healing just fine on it’s own) an the ‘momma’ rabbit is also the only buff female (housed with 2 charcoal females).

They have some missing fur on their backs from having been kept in too close quarters and having fought. None of them are fighting now.

They were given up by an individual who claims they were all strays which she rounded up (yea right, ONE person rounded up 8 stray rabbits in a single lifetime, uh huh).

Most of them are shedding and so they don’t look that great right now but they should clean up nicely on a proper diet and with proper care.

Please view their photos here:
http://brighteyessanctuary.org/FCAC/MINI-REX-FAMILY3/index.htm

and use the feedback field to let me know if you are interested in adopting any of them, have any questions, or are a rescue that can possibly help out or just email me at [email protected] They are such nice rabbits, they deserve a chance.

Out-of-county and out-of-state adoptions welcome!

Thank you.

Wow, pretty buns! Do they look kinda big for mini rexes or am I just imagining it? I hope all the bunnies get good homes soon!

SnowyShiloh- there are two sizes within the minirex breed. Some are small and weigh about 3.5 lbs and others are larger and weigh 5.5 lbs or so. But both can be called "mini" rex since standard rexes are larger.

They are beautiful. I really hope someone can help. Too bad Pipp isnt closer, she loves minirexes and would probably take them in a heartbeat.

Ahh, thanks for that info, Haley! Those bunnies are all my "dream rex" colors! So beautiful, I can't even decide which is prettiest. Nice to know they're friendly too, AND there are girls. If they were in Alaska, I would definitely have to adopt one to be Rory's girlfriend!

They are not big. Most of the girls are rather small, about 3.5 lbs and the biggest girl can't be more than 4.5 lbs. The daddy bun is the biggest, probably 5lbs.

They are very sweet and so well socialized!

5 of the mini rex's went out to rescue today. So we should be ok, although of course, more rabbits have come in now. But we're just within capacity.

PHEW!

Latest posts

Back