Freaking Out

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkiddle

Reaction score
I took Cheeto to my grandma's on Friday to sit with us at our garage sale. He normally loves going out, but this time he threw a fit and was freaked out the whole time.
When we got home, I put him back in our room and left him alone for a little bit so he could calm down.
Everything seemed normal (he slept a lot, but I figured that's because he was out most of his "sleep" time) until that next morning. Usually, he'll rub his face on mine to wake me up because he's hungry. I slept really late because he didn't wake me up, and when I did wake up his bowls were full. He hadn't touched his pellets or his veggies. I wasn't too concerned because he'd done that before when we had a long day; his schedule was just a little off. Then, I went to work Saturday night and when I got home, his food was STILL there. I panicked a little and poured hay around my room. He's been nibbling on that and chewing on his cardboard, but other than that he won't eat. He's pooped a little bit but not much. I haven't seen him take water, but I left a bowl right next to where he's been vegging out (that's another new thing) and I'm watching him closely. He was getting active and acting like himself late Saturday night when I got home. He's only done that once or twice today. I'm going to get him in to see the vet tomorrow. Is there anything I need to bring? Like a poop sample or something?
I am really really worried and can't concentrate on anything. Please help! Should I try to syringe feed him water? I don't have a syringe or eyedropper or anything, what can I use????

Oh and I forgot to mention that he'll eat raisins nonstop. That and hay, but now he's getting mad when I keep pushing the hay in his face. =) Should I be feeding him those? I know they're only good in moderation, but I'm really trying to get him to eat anything.
I've also been dipping the raisins in water so that he'd get a little water. He still refuses to drink anything.
Should I take him to the vet now? I'm panicking, but I don't want to make him more upset.

****Updatel: I went over to him to massage his tummy (I checked and it doesn't feel hard) and he started eating a carrot! I laid water-dunked carrots around the floor for him to eat and he started eating one! Still going to the vet tomorrow, but at least he's eating something other than raisins! Now for the water...Wish us luck.

In my humble opinion (uneducated though it may be) I would just keep the appointment tomorrow. He does eat something, even if it's not the quality or quantity you want. I would not force water just yet, if he is accepting any kind of dampened food. It may just be more trauma than it is worth. That said, I hope my reply spurs some more knowledgeable and experienced members to chime in. I hope this helps in some small way....:pray:

Latest posts

Back