Fraggles is sick.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fraggles does not feel well and the vet can not figure out what is wrong with her. Yesterday her symptoms were loss of appetite,cool to the touch,hiding in strange places and,kinda lethargic. But she was pooping normally and I was giving her critical care.

Today she is her normal self and even has an appetite again, she gobbled her critical care up on her own but now she has stopped pooping except for a couple of tiny pebbles one of which looked like it had some hair in it.
I am going to give her some canned pumpkin today and see if that helps any. I am so tired we have been dealing with this for a couple days now :(

I found when Ripley was struggling with GI Stasis recently that to get him to drink extra water, I could just mix in Pinapple juice in a dish of water and he drank the whole thing really quickly.

If there was hair in her poop, I would offer pineapple juice from a fresh pineapple (not from a can). I am glad Fraggles is feeling better though!

I am glad she is better - poor sweet girl - I went through that with Landy - a bunch of hair in the tummy that was mixed with poop and when she passed it she recovered - It took all day and she had a vet visit which is always very stressful - and she was in pain I could tell - it took its toll on me - I was so worried and the vet wouldnt give any pain meds - at the worst part she was almost limp with pain and her ears turned blue - she wouldnt eat or drink anything - the thing was trying to move through her lower intestine and was hurting a lot and then she drank and I put bit of warm water enema with a syringe like someone who shows rabbits said to do and then when it was on its way out and she sat up and washed her face and felt better.It can take a while to pass through the intestine and cause a lot of pain and boy did it cause agony for me -they appear to be dying and you try desperately to save them. She passed a large sized poop with a lot of hair in it. The best thing is hydration to drink and eat wet greens.

Latest posts

Back