Found Rabbit Nail on Floor...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samoth

Reaction score
I found one of my rabbit's nails on a stair. Like, the whole nail. There has been no blood that I've seen, and she's not acting in pain, limping, or licking the paw. She's eating and behaving normal, but if I try to touch the paw, she takes a couple slow hops away.

She has a habbit of tearing around the house, including sprinting up the stairs, so I'm guessing that's when it happened.

Is it normal for this to occur without any signs of pain or blood? She's a ~3 year old slightly chubby dutch rescue I got one month ago. She had a full vet checkup last Monday, including nail trim, and everything looked good. I'm still awaiting blood results, so I'll talk to the vet early next week... but I was curious if anyone had any input until then :)

Accidents happen, especially with crazy bunnies.
I wouldn't be too worried.
Seems like nail injuries are pretty frequent and we see a fair number of topics on them here on the forum.
So if there's no active bleeding and she's being totally normal then you have nothing to worry about. Just keep an eye out for infection in case there was an open wound.

Latest posts

Back