Found a kitten! (Graphic picture)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes he sure is a sweetie. :) There is a little bit of a scar but it is only noticeable when you look. His fur is thinner on the top of his head but he did grow most of his fur back. If you look at it from the top you can tell where he had it. His eyes is also a bit smaller than the other but it's fine. :) He is still loved.

You did a great deed! I was just reading this book called The Ten Trusts by Jane Goodall and Mark Bekoff...it really makes you rethink things such as this. I highly reccomend it. It can be a little gruesome at parts though...:)

66397_509183262437975_691225119_n.jpg

Before and tonight. :)

Few more links feel free to click, pictures from tonight.
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/790_509183949104573_1921563494_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/184591_509183939104574_45349239_n.jpg

Yeah. :) He is defiantly my dads baby lol. He still has the bump in his side which is his intestines sticking out because the muscle broke i guess. The vet said they'd fix it when we get him neutered which will probably be this month.

@Toady, yes it's just how his head healed i guess. The vet said he most likely has full eye sight in it though. No abnormalities besides the muscle missing in his side which will be fixed.

He was put on an antibiotic in October again because he had a small scab left at the time. Also yes I LOVE his coloring he is so cute. :) His 'sisters' just other kittens that were already here when we got him are smaller than him and they're both older. He's a big cat lol. :)

Wow. What a great rescue story. I am glad Ringo has a great home. This is just like over the holiday weekend I found a 4 month old longhair blue kitten digging at a window at some people eating in a Wndy's dining room. I was in the drivethrew. I stopped and opened my door slowly and got down really low not to scare it and made the classic 'here kittykitty' call. Why this kitten ran and practically jump on me in a purring and meowing storm! She just rubbed and rubbed all over me wanting attention and food. I saw that her back leg was completly ripped open. It was on the joint, but she didn't seem to favor it so it wasn't broken. Just the skin and flesh was ripped back and clean off like someone threw her from a car and she skidded on the pavement. I didn't have to say anymore. This kitten followed me into my car and was imidetly after my bag of fries! I laughed and turned around from on my way to work and took her home. And put her in an extra large wire dog crate with some food and a heating pad. (it was below freezing outside and she was skin and bones) to warm her up. After coming home from work my other cats were not happy with the smell at all. But they delt. This was the kindest, most pasive and gentle kitten EVER she didn't squirm or scratch me when i shaved her hair around the wound. Or even clean it. She just sat there, purrin g away. I cleaned it several times daily and watched her carefully. Whenever I let her out she jumped in my arms purring and wanting love. This cat was a ragdoll in every sense of the world. As long as you held her she didn't care if she was on her back, upside down, sideways or nothing. She wasn't even food aggressive while being starved. When her leg healed up enough I gave her a warm bath and the kitten even enjoyed that! No fighting, no scratching. A little aggitated protesting but nothing more. She just sat there and really liked it when I washed her with the warm water. And protested during the actual washing part lol. My lanlord found out about her and I told her no I wouldn't keep the cat. Though I wanted to. But I wasn't going to "get rid of her" as she put it, until her leg is healed. Well after two weeks of constant cleaning her leg finally did and she just found a new home yesterday. I have the ladies phone number and I told her I want updates lol. My lanlord said "no more rescues" as that was the third kitten this year I found. I said "alright" but honestly, I can't leave a helpless animal in need just to fend for itself. I can never turn a blind eye to animals. They are my life, passion and study of proffesion. I am so glad you have a new family member who will always remember what you did and, in his own way, repay you with life long love. :)

aww, so wonderful of you to rescue that kitten! every time I've tried to coax a stray/abandoned cat into my car, they've always refused. I'm like... "but there's food and love at my house!" and the cat's all "yeah, right!" :(.

Aww your lil' guy looks AMAZING now! That's wonderul of you to have rescued him :) So glad to see his progress/healing up!

To catch him was a very hard process. :p I wish he just walked up to me. He is still now skiddish around other cats and dogs and people he doesn't know. He is a bit skiddish around my dad and me too when we try to pick him up. I can understand though since we don't really know what happened to him to be exact. :(

Latest posts

Back