Found a kitten! (Graphic picture)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad that little Ringo is going well and that such a loving and caring person found him. He's such an adorable little fella and it'll be interesting to see if he ends up with a permanent bald spot when everything heals

I was thinking he got clipped by a car or tried to get up into a warm engine. I'm sure he'll heal just fine and be a wonderful cat. That head wound isn't too bad. It's like when someone accidentally cuts their head and it bleeds and bleeds and bleeds. It's worse than it actually is. Based on that one picture, it looks like the skull itself is in tack, so he was basically scalped. It will probably just leave a nice scar. I'm more worried about the hematoma as those can sometimes mask other problems.

Just remember that cats are like rabbits. They hate to show they are sick until it's basically too late. Just keep that in mind. I'm sure he's fine though and won't cause too much trouble in the injury department. Being a kitten in general, be prepared for lots of trouble. :biggrin:

I have two other kittens right now and a total of 18 cats all together... ik trouble hehe. :)

The doc said to keep an eye on the hemotoma and if it gets hard or bigger bring him.back.

Wow I missed this topic. So glad Ringo found his way into your care and lives-hope he gets totally better soon! :)

UPDATE:

He is doing really good, fat and content. :) His head is healing nicely but the hematoma is still there so we are taking him back to the vet to get it checked out!

418787_458182820871353_372091236_n.jpg

538952_458182850871350_127909292_n.jpg

294351_458182750871360_1984141269_n.jpg

He is a complete cutie. He loves to cuddle and when you hold him you have to hold him close to your body or he gets scared no matter if you're standing or sitting. When you hold him close and pet him he sounds like a motor boat lol. He almost fell asleep in my arms on his back in that first picture. I was petting his belly and he was purring and closing his eyes lol. Whoever let him get away is missing out on a good kitty. :)

Poor kitty! Thank god you found her, if you didn't the kitty would have probably just been left there. People who do this to animals, or who own animals and then neglect them when they need care are horrible horrible people, unfortunately there are few kind people who do care for these animals.

I hope he or she will be alright! At least they are in a loving home. :pray:

Yes, it's a he. :) His name is Ringo, yes, like from The Beatles. :3 I wanted to name him that. Hehe. The cut is even smaller now. I'll need to get new pictures up soon! He is a little skiddish sometimes when you first walk near him but then he realizes you're not trying to hurt him. I can understand though because I don't know what really happened to his head and so I understand completely.

I just saw this thread. What awesome progress this little guy is making! BIG congrats to you for taking him in and helping him through this. It reminds me of a cat I once found many years ago...I had walked over to a neighbourhood where my sis and brother-in-law had just purchased a house, but hadn't yet taken possession. I'd gone after work to see it, and by the time I got there it was completely dark outside. As I approached the driveway this big black cat came out from under some bushes and starting walking toward me, so I called to him and he came over. As I was stroking his fur I realized something wasn't quite right; that's when I managed to make out - in the dark - that this poor cat's face was half gone...the fur and skin completely removed. It was definitely a fresh wound, yet here he was rubbing against my leg and purring loudly. I couldn't take him home with me as I had a dog and two other cats at the time, and all regular vet clinics were closed, so I went to the nearest corner store and and managed to find someone who would take him to the emergency vet's on the other side of town. I never did find out what happened to him.

Sidetracked a bit from this thread, but wow, what a great story that Ringo has! And it just goes to show how amazing animals can be, despite grave injuries they can not only recover, but they often act as though a major injury is a superficial cut, AND still keep their gentle, loving nature. Inspirational, definitely.

Big hugs to both Ringo and his rescuer. :hugsquish:

Latest posts

Back