Found a bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peytonkelly1

Reaction score
I found a bunny on my beach, it’s not a baby but it’s not full grown. It’s back legs don’t work and it’s missing a lot of hair on his back legs. The skin is like pealing off of it. Anyone know what to do?

I found a bunny on my beach, it’s not a baby but it’s not full grown. It’s back legs don’t work and it’s missing a lot of hair on his back legs. The skin is like pealing off of it. Anyone know what to do?
I’d take it to your local animal shelter or a vet but as @Sunshinerabbit lover said, try and give it water or hay in the meantime.

Get in touch with a rabbit rescue ASAP since many vets won’t take in found animals without going through a rescue first. Additionally, the rabbit rescue will likely cover the funds whereas the vets may make you pay. I live in NY and I found a seagull with 2 injured wings. My vets wouldn’t see him but told me to call the wild bird fund who they work with often. I called them and drove him over there right away. My vet ended up treating him but he didn’t survive :( please keep us updated

Sounds like a predator attack and that s/he's been degloved. I'd call a licensed rehabilitator in your region, or consult with a rabbit-caring DVM. Is s/he a domestic or agouti-colored cottontail?

Sounds like a predator attack and that s/he's been degloved. I'd call a licensed rehabilitator in your region, or consult with a rabbit-caring DVM. Is s/he a domestic or agouti-colored cottontail?
Not that it really matters but I’m hoping it’s a wild cottontail and not a domestic bunny released after Easter :( that would just be so sad.

Latest posts

Back