Fostering

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a sweetheart!! You are being so good to little Noah! I love his big ears!

An both my buns love flopping on hard (cool) surfaces... it used to scare me to death; I was afraid they would hurt themselves!

He laid on the blanket, but then as the day progressed he edged further and further off it haha. Funny little thing.

Last edited:
He's certainly feeling at home! And a complete dead bunny flop to prove it :) I know it's just further proof of how comfortable and happy a bunny is.... but even after all these years it's still a little freaky to see cause they make it look so real.
I really wasn’t too sure for a while because he’s so frail, I kept watching his breathing. I thought perhaps he’d witnessed my insurance job and died of boredom. I know how he feels.

He’s a little twitcher in his sleep too, I was quite relieved when he came round and began hopping about again!

He is absolutely adorable! It's awesome of you to help the little guy! As sweet and pretty as he is he's gonna be easy to find a home for!

I saw this litter box idea from Daiso on one of the Lennon the Bunny videos and it’s absolutely perfect for him. It’s actually a paper storage box. His rear legs are quite weak, so it’s low enough at the front to encourage him to hop in, but the sides are high enough to keep everything in. I’ve not had to clean up any pee at all today 🙌🏻 he’s such a good boy

81A6A64A-4143-4F0E-97D2-FE42EBE050E8.jpeg5C422E6C-EB16-431F-8D25-E4D47654267A.jpegA950D4F9-AB44-4B68-8FD2-1A3220CF7421.jpeg

Couple of extra pictures, just because he’s so handsome 😌

That's so cute!😍 He looks like such a sweet heart. I'm so glad he settled in well and is binkying every! I would love to foster buns but I think I wouldn't be able to give them up!!!❤️❤️❤️

That's so cute!😍 He looks like such a sweet heart. I'm so glad he settled in well and is binkying every! I would love to foster buns but I think I wouldn't be able to give them up!!!❤❤❤
Oh there will be tears for sure! But i recently discovered that it costs £3,800 (per bunny!) in quarantine charges alone to relocate back to the UK. So that in itself stops me from committing to any more on a permanent basis, that would make me cry for a whole other reason 😂. Not that I’m planning on doing that any time soon, but you never know.

In the meantime I’m enjoying the love I’m giving and receiving with him ☺️

My friends who live next door to me also fostered his brother Buster yesterday! He’s got the cutest moustache, he looks like a little old man! 🥰
D952EF35-BC7E-4B1C-B93C-3F1C4A56E123.jpeg

I have another addition... my apartment has become a bunny hotel 😂

Jokes aside, this tiny little dot was left in the park opposite my house tonight and picked up by security:

F6F94C71-39D0-4E2B-888C-5FE01ED4C507.jpeg205BA353-C729-47AA-8186-BE79747B35D6.jpegC330EE04-3189-43C0-B2E1-855F010285F4.jpeg

He / she had been left in the cage with a bag of food next to them, so obviously deliberately abandoned. There was no way I could leave them, so I now have bathrooms filled with buns ☺️

Mini Bun (nice generic name for the time being) actually seems in pretty good shape, and is eating lots of hay, drinking and bouncing around. Teeny little poops, but I doubt he/she was given any hay before 😠

He/she does not seem interested in pellets, preferring hay. I know i should slowly transition from one pellet brand to another, but this is the rubbish they have been fed until now. Should I still be giving them a little? It looks very unhealthy

3D6FA437-4577-4F9D-A5BB-E2724C0824F4.jpeg

Eek! So cute! That's so great that you could foster another bun! S/he is super adorable.❤️ The poor thing, I can't believe so many people dump their bunnies.😢

Cute! If she's eating plenty of hay, I would just start the transition over to your pellets and stop the muesli. Muesli is full of carbs and not great to be giving to a baby rabbit anyways. Plus lots of hay right now will be a good thing to get that gut back on track and help prevent digestive illness setting in, which recently weaned baby rabbits are very prone to developing when fed a high carb diet.

Is that the generic garbage found at Walmart filled with foods that can be harmful to bunnies?! That poor thing. So glad you're fostering it and saved it. Probably a good idea to transition like you would with any other rabbit.
From the look of the cage, I should think the little one was sold right before Easter at one of the horrific pet markets they have here and given the bag of food as part of the sale. They don’t care whether these little ones are healthy or not, they just want the money.

Cute! If she's eating plenty of hay, I would just start the transition over to your pellets and stop the muesli. Muesli is full of carbs and not great to be giving to a baby rabbit anyways. Plus lots of hay right now will be a good thing to get that gut back on track and help prevent digestive illness setting in, which recently weaned baby rabbits are very prone to developing when fed a high carb diet.
It literally looks like a high sugar breakfast cereal with a few pellets thrown in, awful.

It doesn’t seem like she’s eaten much overnight and I couldn’t see many poops either, but she’s zooming about and very bright. I’m offering both alfalfa and Timothy hay and she’s preferring the Timothy this morning. I’ll keep a close eye on her today.

She licks me whenever I pay her a visit, it’s the first time I’ve experienced a bunny kiss 🥰. My others don’t like me enough for that 😂

Eek! So cute! That's so great that you could foster another bun! S/he is super adorable.❤ The poor thing, I can't believe so many people dump their bunnies.😢
It’s a huge problem here, particularly after Easter. I’m a bit surprised they gave up on this one so quickly 😔. If I hadn’t taken her, security said they would have had to call the municipality to take her. I’m not totally sure what that means for bunnies, but I can’t imagine there would be a good outcome, as they have no shelters here.

One of the other ladies in our foster group has 11 bunnies at the moment!

From the look of the cage, I should think the little one was sold right before Easter at one of the horrific pet markets they have here and given the bag of food as part of the sale. They don’t care whether these little ones are healthy or not, they just want the money.

That poor thing.

It literally looks like a high sugar breakfast cereal with a few pellets thrown in, awful.

It doesn’t seem like she’s eaten much overnight and I couldn’t see many poops either, but she’s zooming about and very bright. I’m offering both alfalfa and Timothy hay and she’s preferring the Timothy this morning. I’ll keep a close eye on her today.

She licks me whenever I pay her a visit, it’s the first time I’ve experienced a bunny kiss 🥰. My others don’t like me enough for that 😂

Positive news, she's super happy. That's a great thing. You're a great person.

Snuggle spot has been established. If I move her off, she hops back up again 😍

Bit concerned about the lack of poops today and she’s not very enthusiastic about hay, but has been eating and drinking regularly, albeit a little and is very active and purring away. Hoping she’s just feeling a little unsettled and her appetite will improve once she’s had a proper rest.A2264DBE-4E17-4FF0-AE70-777B6D5BDED4.jpeg

I won’t lie, from my perspective it’s quite tiring trying to manage work, which is very demanding at the moment and keep the bunny stress to a minimum in this house. I think we’re all quite on edge for different reasons 😂

All the buns need comforting and attention and I spend a lot of time cuddling. Which is lovely, but doesn’t allow me to get anything else done. And not being able to move freely between rooms without changing clothes / washing scent off things / trying to prevent bunnies from spotting each other is time consuming, particularly if I forget something 🙄. I feel like I need a nanny 😂 💁🏼‍♀️.

I forgot to wipe something down which had been in Mini Bun’s room and left it in the hall. It obviously had her scent on it, and my girls were very interested in it and there was a bit of aggression as a result. Nothing too bad, she just chased the other into the next room and I calmed them down immediately, but enough to make me worried and remind me to be more diligent. Fingers crossed they’ll settle again soon.

Oh my god, I love her ears! What a sweet little girl!

You may just have her off her "schedule", or she's just exhausted, and is happy to have a safe place!
She’s a little rascal 😂 she’s worked out she can fit her entire body through the fence panels, so they’re pointless until I have time to fix some cardboard to them. Every time I open the door, she’s ready to escape. 3 times she’s squirmed out, made it all the way to the kitchen last night 😂😍

Latest posts

Back