Fostering

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

HalaBuns

Reaction score
I had another attempt, by kneeling down and trying to hold her between my knees to stop her backing away. Absolute fail… she shot off, did laps of her pen and then tried to jump out over the top, which I was not expecting! Completely terrified the poor love, just wanted to get away from me and my nasty syringe.

Thank goodness she has her sweet tooth back, I was able to mix it in with some banana. Full appetite has now returned too 🙌🏻

HalaBuns

Reaction score
Oh and little Shaun is still amazing 😃 she has all her fur back on her legs now. She’s the only one of my buns that has used the IKEA bed, so she can keep that haha. I’m loving seeing how happy she is now 😌

Attachments

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's amazing the energy and strength that seems to emerge full force from those tiny little fluffy creatures, when it comes down to having to take their meds 😭 Thank goodness she's eating again and you don't have to struggle giving meds anymore.

Awww, Shaun looks so content and comfy on her little bed. My buns loved their bed too. They would pile on there all snuggled together. One of the best bunny accessories I've had over the years, at least as far as the bunnies liking something goes.

20190915_215341 (2).jpg

HalaBuns

Reaction score
So possibly a little soon after Lady’s spay, but her and Rufus have always been besties and tried to snuggle through the bars, so I thought I would see how they got on sharing a space.

A little chasing to start with, but nothing aggressive and they are the happiest I have seen them 🥰. They started off either ignoring each other or just bumbling about together, but are showing each other more affection now and grooming and snuggling more often. I feel like I’ve turned a corner with them and they’ll be ready to find a permanent home soon 😭

85DF8299-8FDE-438D-B3FF-C956F9AE0EBB.jpeg200CCBF0-A37A-45A6-A162-CE13C3A7052D.jpegA90589B1-7667-46E7-9F91-A0BA400F7C8A.jpeg5491EC64-AF26-4B4C-A281-DD71EEF729BB.jpeg

They are such cuddly buns. They love hopping up on to the day bed with me and hold me hostage there with their cuteness.

Rufus’s hair is now out of control haha

HalaBuns

Reaction score
So I feel I’m finally there with these two 🙌🏻 It’s been a long process, but I’m comfortable their bond is now strong and they are adoption-ready. I’ve completely removed the pens from the room (which were open, but I had kept just in case they were needed by my pet sitter whilst I was travelling) and they are overjoyed.

The flip side to this is that I believe they can tell I am thinking about finding them a new paw parent and have launched a heavy charm offensive. It started with Rufus giving me a couple of licks on my cheek a few weeks back, which was cute. But the other day he really made an effort, put his little front paws on my shoulder and licked all over my face. Then after I had been grooming Lady, I leant in to give her a kiss on the head and a nose bump and she too licked my face all over.

Their tactics have worked and I now have no idea what to do haha. Them showing me love has made me feel so connected to them. But equally I know that keeping them forever could make things extremely difficult for me in several ways if my circumstances change 🥺

They will certainly stay with me until I have figured it all out ☺

Attachments

Latest posts