Fostering

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

HalaBuns

Reaction score
I had another attempt, by kneeling down and trying to hold her between my knees to stop her backing away. Absolute fail… she shot off, did laps of her pen and then tried to jump out over the top, which I was not expecting! Completely terrified the poor love, just wanted to get away from me and my nasty syringe.

Thank goodness she has her sweet tooth back, I was able to mix it in with some banana. Full appetite has now returned too 🙌🏻

HalaBuns

Reaction score
Oh and little Shaun is still amazing 😃 she has all her fur back on her legs now. She’s the only one of my buns that has used the IKEA bed, so she can keep that haha. I’m loving seeing how happy she is now 😌

Attachments

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's amazing the energy and strength that seems to emerge full force from those tiny little fluffy creatures, when it comes down to having to take their meds 😭 Thank goodness she's eating again and you don't have to struggle giving meds anymore.

Awww, Shaun looks so content and comfy on her little bed. My buns loved their bed too. They would pile on there all snuggled together. One of the best bunny accessories I've had over the years, at least as far as the bunnies liking something goes.

20190915_215341 (2).jpg

HalaBuns

Reaction score
So possibly a little soon after Lady’s spay, but her and Rufus have always been besties and tried to snuggle through the bars, so I thought I would see how they got on sharing a space.

A little chasing to start with, but nothing aggressive and they are the happiest I have seen them 🥰. They started off either ignoring each other or just bumbling about together, but are showing each other more affection now and grooming and snuggling more often. I feel like I’ve turned a corner with them and they’ll be ready to find a permanent home soon 😭

85DF8299-8FDE-438D-B3FF-C956F9AE0EBB.jpeg200CCBF0-A37A-45A6-A162-CE13C3A7052D.jpegA90589B1-7667-46E7-9F91-A0BA400F7C8A.jpeg5491EC64-AF26-4B4C-A281-DD71EEF729BB.jpeg

They are such cuddly buns. They love hopping up on to the day bed with me and hold me hostage there with their cuteness.

Rufus’s hair is now out of control haha

HalaBuns

Reaction score
So I feel I’m finally there with these two 🙌🏻 It’s been a long process, but I’m comfortable their bond is now strong and they are adoption-ready. I’ve completely removed the pens from the room (which were open, but I had kept just in case they were needed by my pet sitter whilst I was travelling) and they are overjoyed.

The flip side to this is that I believe they can tell I am thinking about finding them a new paw parent and have launched a heavy charm offensive. It started with Rufus giving me a couple of licks on my cheek a few weeks back, which was cute. But the other day he really made an effort, put his little front paws on my shoulder and licked all over my face. Then after I had been grooming Lady, I leant in to give her a kiss on the head and a nose bump and she too licked my face all over.

Their tactics have worked and I now have no idea what to do haha. Them showing me love has made me feel so connected to them. But equally I know that keeping them forever could make things extremely difficult for me in several ways if my circumstances change 🥺

They will certainly stay with me until I have figured it all out ☺

Attachments

HalaBuns

Reaction score
Rufus’s face, shortly after me explaining to him that the mattress is not in fact there for him to dig a massive hole into 😥

9C33CA80-E47E-4020-A7A2-EBFB8D960AEA.jpeg
So this little chap is just dying to get out of the spare room. He rushes to the door (or is already waiting behind it) and if I don’t have a hand free to move him away, he will dig at my socks and nip my ankles as I’m trying to get in, to get me to move out of the way so he can see the wonders of the world beyond.

As my adopted girls (Kiki and Gigi) are now so chill about having 2 little imposters in the house, I decided to let Lady and Rufus have a little run in the hallway for a short time whilst the girls were asleep in the other room.

The following morning as I was getting ready for work I heard a huge commotion in the lounge and Kiki was aggressively chasing Gigi, there was fur flying and I immediately felt terrible. This was the exact sort of thing I had been worried about by fostering and with the best intentions for Rufus and Lady, I had brought a lot of confusion into Kiki and Gigi’s relationship.

Poor G had been bitten, but didn’t look too bad, so I applied some iodine and kept an eye on her. She was bouncing around, eating fine until the following evening, when she started turning down food at around 10pm. I checked her bite and it looked super sore, so took her to the vet straight away (thank goodness for 24 hour vets here)

36B3102F-D977-45E0-A81F-DA229303F0F2.jpeg

We returned a few hours later with pain killers, antibiotics and gut stimulants and I had a long night checking on her every hour to make sure she was eating something.

She’s on the mend and very lively this morning, but obviously hating her meds.
Kiki still chases her a little, which concerns and saddens me. They generally spend a lot of time snuggling though, so I really hope it’s a temporary thing
D186F178-2A3F-47CB-BCF6-42B75D4A1AD3.jpeg

Safe to say that it’s a lesson learned and little Ru will need to stay in the spare room for a little longer until we find him a lovely big home to run around.

HalaBuns

Reaction score
I haven’t posted for a while, but I still have little Lady and Rufus staying with me. I just can’t bring myself to give them to a stranger, so still hoping that I can find somebody I know and trust to adopt them.

Shaun is just a big ball of sassy fluff now and is having a lovely time staying with a good friend of mine in my building. I am looking after her this week though and apparently doing a questionable job, because I found her sat in the sink yesterday, helping herself to a bag of pellets

9FCD2072-A25E-412E-9454-88DA488FFDF5.jpeg
I still don’t really understand how she got in there, but she was quite happy.

I’m also looking after this cutie, Bunbun, for a few days whilst her foster parents are travelling. She was rescued from a park when she was a tiny tiny baby (around 4 weeks old) so she’s an absolute fighter. She’s a gorgeous little whirlwind though and just brilliant! She has to be involved in absolutely everything and wants constant cuddles. She sits on my shoulder when I do her litter 😂 I hate leaving her on her own because she obviously needs company and comfort all the time 😞. I hope she finds a buddy once she’s old enough to be spayed and whoever adopts her will be so lucky 💕

Attachments

Catlyn

Reaction score
Storm has visited a sink as well. He just boosted and sprung up like a coil, though he didn't have anything to munch on. Just went and explored the sink.
20200912_102456.jpg

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow! You both have some very determined rabbits there! Mine won't even bother to jump over a foot tall obstacle :p

HalaBuns

Reaction score
I should try and post the video because it’s so funny. Even after I walked in the room, she just kept on munching away from the bag as if it were the most normal thing in the world 😂