Fostering/Hand raising Baby Squirrels *pic*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windyhill

Reaction score

Im currently handraising 3 baby squirrels.
They were brought to me from over 4 hours away.
These are my first babies of the year....

553128_10150648445512861_688322860_9358477_1669997254_n.jpg

I've had these for a few days, but I didnt want to post pics until I got the out of the slump. They were ice cold when I got them

Right now they are eating Esbilac Powder Milk Replacer for puppies (with heavy whipping cream added).
Once their eyes are fully open and they are more active, I will be adding solid food to their diet.

Cute! Hope they continue to thrive. I took in a baby kitten for a little bit, until someone more experienced who was going to keep the kitten stepped in. So far he's doing well and has made it from a few days old to 3 weeks. Best of luck, can't wait to see pictures as they grow!

What sweet babies. I had the opportunity to save a baby squirrel. We named him Fred. Was able to get him to a Wild Life Rescue facility some distance away from us and the people there took really good care of him.

Wishing you all the luck with them.

K:)

I had a blind chipmunk that walked onto my husband's shoe for a long time. Sweet little guy. We called him Chippy Chipperton.

Hi
I am new to the forum. I came looking for some info on Bio-sponge. If you need any advise with the squirrels.I am a licensed wildlife rehabber and have raised hundreds. You should be feeding every 2 and one half hours until you go to bed at that age. Puppy milk replacer is fine. They look very healthy.
mary

Latest posts

Back