Fostering Bunnies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunRabit

Reaction score
This weekend I will have the privilege to foster 1 or 2 bunnies as shelters are going through a tough time currently.
I urge everyone to try to help out the shelter pets as they are as scared as we are to be stuck!
I will be updating on here while going through the process!
Today we found out we are allowed to and Saturday we pick them (or just one, we don't know yet) We are currently cleaning out a place to keep them. They will be inside as bunnies should be and we are going to love and care for them until they find their furever home ❤️

We just adopted rather than foster. 17 bunnies was almost like working again. We gave a home to 42 over the last 2 decades, but only have one left as our health isn't great and we won't be getting better.
I would love to adopt but currently I live with my parents and leaving for college soon enough and they do not want to/ do not have the time to take care of 5 full time. So, we’re just going to foster for awhile! Thank you for helping all those buns though!

Seven years old and at the shelter makes me sad, however grateful that you'll provide a foster home for any bun who's been deposited at the shelter. One can always determine that a fostered bun fits best staying with you permanently. Flunking a foster assignment is a win-win for you both.

Those shiny cubicles make me sad. OTOH, they have a safe roof overhead, they are spayed and neutered, and from your post you care deeply about these quiet and misunderstood pets. Check the Petfinder listings; there are never enough homes for the amount of pets produced. - I've seen many tags disappear from the cubicles when a shelter euthanized due to over-capacity conditions. Thank you for giving somebun affection and adding your caring heart!

My avatar girl was saved from a euth call b/c the shelter needed to focus on the intake of 185 cats. They were treating her for fleas after she came in as a stray capture.

Will watch for updates! Cuddles to whomever you guardian,

Seven years old and at the shelter makes me sad, however grateful that you'll provide a foster home for any bun who's been deposited at the shelter. One can always determine that a fostered bun fits best staying with you permanently. Flunking a foster assignment is a win-win for you both.

Those shiny cubicles make me sad. OTOH, they have a safe roof overhead, they are spayed and neutered, and from your post you care deeply about these quiet and misunderstood pets. Check the Petfinder listings; there are never enough homes for the amount of pets produced. - I've seen many tags disappear from the cubicles when a shelter euthanized due to over-capacity conditions. Thank you for giving somebun affection and adding your caring heart!

My avatar girl was saved from a euth call b/c the shelter needed to focus on the intake of 185 cats. They were treating her for fleas after she came in as a stray capture.

Will watch for updates! Cuddles to whomever you guardian,
Thank you! I was sad when I read the one is 7 years old. I don’t even know if these two will be the ones I will be getting. I’ll be litter training them if they don’t know that already and we’ve been on Petfinder a lot and been in contact with a few shelters and we finally found this shelter who desperately needs fosters so we wanted to help and we’re excited to welcome them into our family

The shelter did say if we want to adopt we will have first dibs since we are going to be their foster family.

I’m excited because I have never fostered before so this is going to be an experience!

Hey guys! I got everything for the bunnies today and set up their enclosures. Since we don’t know if they are potty trained they will be in these pens while being let out supervised during the day! Also I have not added the hay, food or water yet! Don’t worry we didn’t forget about the hay!C8D8B526-DFE3-45E7-8B31-25158D35A342.jpeg22C333E5-5BB1-4775-B938-3F924E52A112.jpeg3B93DFFA-24FC-45E4-A568-442E97E3CE90.jpeg

Also we might be able to pick them up tomorrow! We are going to call and ask when the shelter opens in the morning!

We are getting them Saturday so I’ll update then. But I have a question, does anyone know any DIY toys that I can make for them? I don’t want them to be bored

Hello! Im so excited because its less than a day until I get them and meet them!D5D9B40F-2A11-4B71-B6CB-F5A5127E0979.jpeg99C7D285-F65E-457D-AE3A-4EE1DBCF1EC8.jpeg

For each I added 2 cardboard boxes to hide in and I added 2 cardboard barriers just in case they hop onto the top of the cage and try to escape! I will be adding the hay, food, and water the morning before I go and meet/ pick them up. I didn’t notice the duct-tape so I’m just about the remove that from the one box

Latest posts

Back