fostering a baby bunny need help!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aphreditie70

Reaction score
Hello all its been awhile.A customerbrougt in a orphaned baby bunnie she found by the street. it doesntlook to me like a wild rabbit. and asked for my advice. i told her itlooked only a few weeks old i say about 3 weeks? (i guessed thinkingback to when mine were little) now shes wasnt too keen on having tofeed it an spend money on it not knowing if it would make it so isuggested i would give it a try since i already have six buns andalready had KMR. now ts is eating ok. i have fed it 3 times so far. butit hasnt gone poty yet. so im abit worried. any suggestions? implanning on raising it till its weened then she wants it back for hergrand kids. a took a pic below!

LOL i was petting it and rubbing its belly andit just peed on my lap! anyhow i still would like somesuggestions as it hasnt gone poop yet. like a good way tokeep it warm? i made a nest box. Also thought abit update on my buns ihave both pairs bred they are due the first wek of june. and the twobabys we kept are now gtting so big! piucs are below

aww..they are all really cute! as for the littlebunny pooping ..i would just keep massaging it to see if that helpssome more:)good luck with the baby bunny!:D

Be careful not to over feed thebaby...The mom wouldonly be feedings/heonce, maybe twice a day. It should be eating hay and a littlegrass by now.

And you can wipe its behind with a warm cloth to stimulate peeing and pooping.

Lots of hay will keep it warm.

Is it drinking water on its own?

Keep us up to date!

sas :)and the gang :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

im guessing its three weeks. i know mom wouldonly feed it once or twice but since its so little and seemed thin ivebeen feeding it every few hrs. i have a dish of pellets in the penalong with some hay in its nest box and some cherrios. i know oats aregood for them i fed sniffer n her babies cherrios an oats along withhay when they were that little. i have off tomorrow which is good so ican keep feeding it and see how it does. i wll post more tomorrow.thanks for th replies.

hello, just an update, the fosterbunny is doin well. i got up once last nite and fed it. i also got awater bottle in filled it with deluted formula. so in between feedingsif it gts hungry and to see if it'll drink from it. i have to work thisweekend an all next week so i think i might be able to just feed it 3times a day. as long as i have food in there for it to nibble on. icant wait till my buns have their babies. im actious to see what mydutches will have. i know sniffers is a good mommy and have an ideawhat colors i'll get from her first litter. but its the first time imated my dutches.

Hello im sad to say we lost the foster bunnythis evening. i emailed the lady that brought it in and told her if shewants one ofmy babieswhen they are born i'd gladlygive her one. my son was sad as he was helping me feed it. i told himnot to worry we did all we could. we gave it love and a warm home evenif it was only for two days.

So sorry you lost the baby. :bigtears:

Unfortunately, the odds were not in your favour. Raisingyoung bunnies is very difficult and usually results in heartbreak, ifnot within days, within weeks -- usuallyjustlongenough for the caregiver to think they're doing well and get attached.

Their systems just don't adapt well to the changes.

:rip little Bridge bunny... :rainbow:

sas

Latest posts

Back