Forced to leave my bunny forever

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rozhiin

Reaction score
9F32B88A-9671-4626-9081-12F433E8EDDC.jpeg C059524B-C8FF-4BAC-B246-FC5F30025F78.jpeg 17FD325B-2C8F-4A4D-97AD-A6C0A65BDEE9.jpeg E4838A32-6CA1-4E87-B305-7C5862DBC69D.jpeg Hello bunny owners,
This has been bothering me for the past few days and I thought no one can understand me better than the people who have bunnies themselves.
So, I am a foreign student in Germany.
I am Persian, came to Germany about 2 years ago to study.
About 5 months ago, I bought a bunny here and we are really attached to each other.
Since I was alone here, I felt like he made me so happy and motivated me and I always tried my best to take good care of him and I’ve been successful in that.
Some things happened in my life and Germany won’t extend my Student Visa anymore and unfortunately I have to return to my home country Iran.
This was really unexpected.
Of course I couldn’t imagine returning without the bunny that I bought here.
So I’ve been researching the past few days, about flights for bunnies, tickets, required documents and etc.
But then I decided to call the airport in Iran and ask for their rules and requirements for bunnies.
I was extremely shocked when they told me that no rabbits are allowed to enter the country and only dogs, cats and birds are allowed!
I got super sad and tried to ask them the reason and they kept saying that it’s just forbidden and there is absolutely no way they allow me to bring my bunny with me!
They said if I bring him, they will send him back!
I’ve been crying the past few days and my life is an absolute hell right now...
I love him so much, my bunny is about 7 months old and I really feel like he loves me too.
He keeps licking my face all the time and I spend most of my time with him.
I am planning to fly with Turkish Airlines.
I called them and they said there is no problem for them and I can take my bunny in the cabin with me.
But my only problem now is the destination county “Iran” which doesn’t allow me to take him with me.
This is extremely painful for me.
I can’t stand the thought of finding him a new owner because he is my baby and I feel like he is a part of me.
Please if you have any experience with this situation, help me

Oh, no.... I am so sorry. I can imagine how you feel. Your bunny does love you, licking you is proof of that. And I can tell you love your bunny.
I have only a little experience with foreign visas. I live in the United States, but I have visited places requiring a visa.
Here is my thought and I apologize if it is not helpful. Is there a third option? What I mean is, is there some other country you could move to where your bunny would be allowed to enter. Maybe Netherlands? Maybe Belgium? Anywhere? Perhaps you could leave for a few weeks or months...then reapply for a new Visa? I know it takes resources, but right now, it's the best idea I have.

Maybe you can find a temporary home for your bunny.

I know of a few people that find foster home for their bunnies if they travel outside or need to find a temporary home. It can be up to a certain years and you stand for the cost of your bunny.

I’m thinking that maybe you can find a good home temporary while trying to find a solution for the problem and then later on you can pick your bunny up again.

Maybe you can find a solution in a year :)

Hi, can you call to your Embassy and explain your situation? Law is law and if your country doesn't accept rabbits that's pretty much it. You still have time to find him a good home, I know you are attached to him but don't complicate it could be pretty bad situation if you bring him with you and he's sent back to Germany.
If there's no restrictions on government level you can try contact another airport perhaps?
Best would be find him a good home and get another bunny in your country.

Could you possibly get him registered as an emotional support animal?
This is a really interesting solution.
I don’t know if this is possible or not, but I think I better take him to his vet and ask for his advice about this.
I really hope this works out, he is my baby

Hi, can you call to your Embassy and explain your situation? Law is law and if your country doesn't accept rabbits that's pretty much it. You still have time to find him a good home, I know you are attached to him but don't complicate it could be pretty bad situation if you bring him with you and he's sent back to Germany.
If there's no restrictions on government level you can try contact another airport perhaps?
Best would be find him a good home and get another bunny in your country.
I don’t think the embassy can help with that because it’s the customs police that doesn’t allow the bunny to be freed at the airport
I try to also take advise from the vet and see if I can do something about this.
This really doesn’t make any sense tho, birds are allowed but bunnies not...

Maybe you can find a temporary home for your bunny.

I know of a few people that find foster home for their bunnies if they travel outside or need to find a temporary home. It can be up to a certain years and you stand for the cost of your bunny.

I’m thinking that maybe you can find a good home temporary while trying to find a solution for the problem and then later on you can pick your bunny up again.

Maybe you can find a solution in a year :)
Thank you for your advice.
I think this would also be an option.
Maybe I can leave him in a foster home and then apply for another country and then bring my bunny to me.
Thanks❤️

Oh, no.... I am so sorry. I can imagine how you feel. Your bunny does love you, licking you is proof of that. And I can tell you love your bunny.
I have only a little experience with foreign visas. I live in the United States, but I have visited places requiring a visa.
Here is my thought and I apologize if it is not helpful. Is there a third option? What I mean is, is there some other country you could move to where your bunny would be allowed to enter. Maybe Netherlands? Maybe Belgium? Anywhere? Perhaps you could leave for a few weeks or months...then reapply for a new Visa? I know it takes resources, but right now, it's the best idea I have.
Thank you for your kind comment.
I also thought about moving to Turkey, but the problem is that I don’t have much time.
I only have 5 weeks
I really hope things work out perfectly and I will update this post when I do something about it❤️

Attachments

• 774687F8-238D-4085-9ACD-52205B6C1F22.png
    774687F8-238D-4085-9ACD-52205B6C1F22.png
    129.5 KB · Views: 9
This is more about making your bunny an ESA but the other options are good too.

rabbits as ESAs:

Why to get an emotional support:
https://esadoctors.com/8-reasons-getting-emotional-support-rabbit/

Iran pet passport:
https://www.pettravel.com/immigration/iran.cfm

Emotional support animal process:
https://www.registermyserviceanimal.com/emotional-support-animal-requirements.html

the picture is taken off of the Iran pet passport website

Just read through the last website. Don’t pay for the registration. It’s probably fake. The information is correct but i don’t think that’s how it works to register an ESA. Go to your doctor or a therapist and explain to them that you want to make your rabbit an ESA. They should discuss it with you and if they decided that your valid for one then they’ll right the paperwork for you.

This is more about making your bunny an ESA but the other options are good too.

rabbits as ESAs:

Why to get an emotional support:
https://esadoctors.com/8-reasons-getting-emotional-support-rabbit/

Iran pet passport:
https://www.pettravel.com/immigration/iran.cfm

Emotional support animal process:
https://www.registermyserviceanimal.com/emotional-support-animal-requirements.html

the picture is taken off of the Iran pet passport website

OMG you have no idea how much you helped me with this!!!
I wasn’t aware of this, I called the airport again now and asked what if my bunny is an ESA? and they said there actually might be a way to bring him in that case!
You made me really happy thanks!
I hope it works out without a problem ❤️❤️❤️

OMG you have no idea how much you helped me with this!!!
I wasn’t aware of this, I called the airport again now and asked what if my bunny is an ESA? and they said there actually might be a way to bring him in that case!
You made me really happy thanks!
I hope it works out without a problem ❤️❤️❤️

I hope it works. I can’t imagine having to leave my bunny. Just do some research on it! Good luck!

Latest posts

Back