Forage/Snuffle Mats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maylinagurl3

Reaction score
I recently got my bun a forage/snuffle mat from Toki Hut for enrichment purposes and in order to moderate her pellet intake (I feel like she eats a lot). I’ve tried using it a couple of times, but she doesn’t seem to be interested in foraging for her pellets. She’ll poke around and eat a few, but I’m not sure if she’s uninterested or just not clever enough to find her pellets. Either way, with the mat, she eats significantly fewer pellets than she would if I were to put the pellets in a bowl.

How long did it take for your buns to get used to the forage mats? How many pellets can you expect to feed using this method? Should I give up on the forage mat and consider other forms of enrichment? (She doesn’t seem to be great at the stacking cups that a lot of people use, either). Thank you!

If she isn't super interested in foraging for her food, it means she isn't hungry and you are probably feeding her too much. If she was hungry she would work hard to get to her food. How much does she weigh? How many pellets does she get per day?

Latest posts

Back