For Readers!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yurusumaji

Young Blood
Reaction score
This was posted in a book community I belong to and I thought some folks here might be interested. This is not yet a widely available book, but it can be bought on Amazon here:

In the world of the rabbits, she is hailed as a savior.
In the world of men, a holy man wants her dead.
She is twelve years old.

In an isolated European farm town in 1906, a Pastor known as 'the rabbit killer' is preaching that the overrun of rabbits is a parallel for sin and corruption. But when Cora -- a farmer's daughter -- befriends a rogue rabbit named Basajaun, she becomes enmeshed in a hierarchy of sentient rabbit armies and ceremony. Soon the secret behind the rabbits' plight is unraveling, and Cora is fighting to save the lives of those she loves -- as well as her own.

bas-bk-cover1-new.jpg

The author has also listed both her website and blog for questions and comments.

Blog: http://rvandeuren.blogspot.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to read it, so I will order my copy tomorrow and then once I'm finished I'll happily put up a review for you. :)

I may have to get that book. I love to read. Make sure to let us know what you think when you read it Kelli.

It's all a bit Watership Down isn't it? Has anyone seen the cartoon as well as read the book? So scary! Amazing amazing story... something about those rabbits!

Ill wait to see kelli's review then if I like the sound of it ill ask for it for christmas.
Im interested already though

I've finally finished this novel. Time for a review!

Apologies for taking so dang long, I've been so busy!!!

Title: Basajaun
Author: Rosemary Van Deuren
Page Count: 261
Genre: Young Adult/Fantasy
Rating:
30bcl61.jpg

My Review:
Basajaun was an overall enjoyable read.

The characters are fairly well-developed, as is the land upon which they sunder. I'm quite impressed with the author's use of knowledge for old farmhand tools, buildings, storage and the use of such things in their everyday lives.

The story is well-paced, not going so fast that you feel like something missing nor so slow you feel as if the story will never get anywhere. The use of subtle magic is not overdone and gives the story some zest and helps it to be more unpredictable, making it that much more enticing of a read.

Her descriptions of people, places, things and actions are quite uncanny and she puts it into terms everyone can understand. I was quite amused to be reading her book and realize that I was thinking, 'Yep, done that before.'

This book is great not just for young adults, but all rabbit lovers who enjoy a story that manages to invoke every emotion you could possibly feel. I won't give anything away, but I loved the ending.

P.S. - If you order from her website she will send you a personalized signed copy of the book. :) You never know who will become famous!

Latest posts

Back