Food Storage!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selbert

Reaction score
I haven't come across the problem of the soggy pellets just yet, but I've started buying bigger bags and so was wondering if anyone knows of any decent food storage containers available in England?
:bunny24

Not from England but I use 5 gallon plastic buckets. Each one holds 25 pounds of feed and the tops seal great for years of use. All kinds of places you can find them; painters, restaurants (pickles come in them), lumber yards (Home Depot and the like) etc.

You can use ziplock bags. The size can depend on what you feed on a regular basis, if you don't feed a lot use smaller bags.
For containers, any plastic food storage container should work well. I would not put a big bag in one if you don't use it quickly as the food can go stale faster. Smaller containers help keep it fresh. You could use the container for day to day use and keep the rest in a sealed bag.

If you have the room we keep our feed outside in a metal trash can. We can fit two bags in it but we have a lot of bunnies so we go through that about every 3 weeks. Any kind of air right plastic bin would work too I use those for our dogs food

I have a plastic, tall kitchen garbage can I bought just for this purpose. I also use one to store my dog food. I haven't had any issues yet. We buy a 50lb bag and have three rabbits that are on limited pellets so I only buy pellets twice a year.

Latest posts

Back