Food agression? And some questions.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Button

Reaction score
When i touch Jypsys food dish to feed her she become agressive, lunging and showing sher teeth at me. Why would she have food agression? I know she was with another rabbit before.. Could that be it? Also when i pet by her hind leg she will flop to the side very dramaticly. Ive read that flops are a sign of a happy bun? Its only when i do her hind legs so im wondering is it a muscle thing or a happy thing? How can i get her to stop being food agressive?

Rabbits are defensive over a lot of things. Whether it be their litterbox or their food in your case. I had a rabbit who who was cage aggressive. He lunged, bit, scratched anything to get him to stay away from me when he’s in his cage. Neutering or spaying for females is the be way to go to help aggression.

Last edited:
Im thinking she may be pregnant as to why she is being agressive. The reason i think that is becuase she is pulling fur and eating alot more than normal(normally there still food in her dish but the last couple days there hasnt been any) shes also looking really chubby.

Oh okay. There is a fair chance that she’s pregnant especially if you say that the previous owner had her with a male. If you said she’s pulling fur, it’s likely that she’s making a nest. I’d expect babies very soon then.

Latest posts

Back