Foo Foo Little Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meganc731

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm so releived, we had Foo Foo Little Bunny spayed today. They saidpaper litter, would it be ok to put paper towel in her litter pan?She's not too happy with us, when I opened her cage tonight she pulledback, but she hasn't tried to bite or anything so I guess that's good.I feel so bad for her! Everytime she moves I double over inpain, I think I've gonecrazy ;)I can't wait untilshe feels better (10 days the vet said) so she and Mr. Wiggles canplay, they seem to like each other, but they've only seen each otherwith a cage deviding them. She is 2 years old, so I'm justglad the surgery went well.

Every place in my area was $280-$300 for the spay and it was just notsomething we could do financially.We had looked into itbefore taking her and there's an SPCA about an hour and half away thatdoes it for $80 so we were going to go there but after weeks of tryingto get in contact I gave up. I started looking again and I found aplace about 20 minutes away that said $120. I was VERY happy with that,but I was a little fearful because in the past year I've spentthousands at the vet (mostly on our little dog, the marble swallower:X), everytime I take one of the animals in, something goes wrong andthere's an extra couple hundred added on, so I was so nervous waitingfor them charge us, it only came up to $68!!!! I was shocked, they saidyour're total is$68, my husband said how much? They said $68again and he said you're our new vet!;) Hehehe. Actually theavian vet they have there came highly recommended but I wasn't sure Icould drive there on my own when we first moved here, it seems like amuch nicer cleaner office than the ones I've been going to.

By the way, Bailee changed Bunny Foo foo's name, she kept getting thewords mixed up and calling her Foo foo little bunny, so that's whatwe're calling her now :D

Take care all!

Megan

By the way, on the topic of Foo foo little bunny,does any one have any suggestions for her shedding? (She's a JerseyWooley) Does diet play any part in it? She was not on a good dietbefore she came here, she's been eating a qaulity pellet though forabout a month. Her shedding really irritates my nose, I certianly can'tcuddle and nuzzle with her like Mr. Wiggles. She has big clumps of hairthat get left behind if I have to pick her up, is that normal?

Thanks,

Megan

I'm glad it all went well and it was cheaper thanyou'd been quoted, always a much pleasanter surprise than the other wayround :). My vet said not to use paper in their cage for at least aweek as it might stick to their surgery wound if it got wet. I don'tuse paper anyway so that wasn't a problem (using newspaper to line thecage is usual in the UK). I kept using the woody pet, I just changed itas soon as it looked like it was going sawdusty (she warned me againstsawdust for the same reason) and there weren't any problems with it.

Other people may have better ideas about whether she was right or not, just thought I'd mention it.

Love

kate

Awww, poor girl is in pain :( she'sprobably in fear of being picked up when you opened the cage.Just pet and reassure her. If she wants to come out let her,but try to check her surgery site even if she doesn't ..... maybe bywaiting for her to flop or something.

Good to hear.It's so nerve-wracking having to put a pet through surgery.We have to take our dog Mac into the vet's today because he's got somesort of weird bacterial skin infection, and I'm even nervous aboutthat! I swear I could not think of anything else but Umbrawhen he was getting neutered.It's a good thing Ididn't have a test in college that day! =) Anyway,about her shedding, I think Jersey Woolies are supposed to shed quite alot aren't they? I'm not 100%, so I'd wait for someone a bitmore knowledgable to answer. Hope she recoversquickly!!

--Melissa and Umbra

Hi all, she seems to be feeling much bettertoday. It looks like they put something on her eyes when she was insurgery, or maybe her eyes got really watery, not sure, but she lookskind of pitiful :(

Megan

That's odd, abouther eyes....I'd watch them. Other wise she is doing well? The sheddingmay be something you just have to deal with in stages. Sebastian onlysheds heavily every once in a while. He mats all the time but hedoesn't shed all the time. I don't know about Jerseysthough.

Raspberry

Thanks! We've been singing the song Little BunnyFoo Foo non stop since we got her, it's really getting on my nerves butI can't get it out of my head, so I'm kind of glad we changed it to FooFoo little bunny, hopefully that wont trigger the song :D LOL

Megan

Yeah, on the eyes, I'm surprised the vets didn'tsay something. When an animal's under anesthesia they can't blink, sothey have to put ointment in their eyes. Hence the "goopy" look; mykitty just got spayed and that's what they told me :)

That's really goodto know. Thanks m.e.! Now we can add that to our infinite list of "mustknow" things! ;)

Raspberry

Happy to hear everything went well and at alesser price than you originally thought. We had the sameexperience with Missy's GI Stasis surgery. The Hospital came in atunder original estimates even with additional unplanned services.

I wonder if they sometimes don't cut customers a break for whatever reasons? Vet tech types, have you ever seen that?

Buck

When Peanut was spayed, they gave me an"overpopulation discount" for $51, lowering my bill to $68. They neveractually told me why...perhaps because I adopted her? :?

Latest posts

Back