Foam Boards?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penna

Reaction score
I'm in the long process of building a NIC Cage. It's taking me quite some time, locating all the materials and whatnot. But it's worth it. :)I had an account here, but I completely forgot my password and it wasn't sending me a retrieval link so I ended up making a new account.

I'm debating right now whether or not to go with the linoleum flooring for the bottom of the cage, coroplast, or Elmer's Foam Board.

Has anyone ever used Elmer's Foam Board? It's regularly used as poster board. It wouldn't be where she could chew it, and it cost by far the cheapest. But I'm worried about if she scratches at it, if it will tear.

I've found one sign store that carries coroplast, but it's around 30 minutes away. So I'm going to call around to the craft stores and see what they have.

I really want to build a cage before the school year starts, becasue I'll be busier then and will end up just keep putting it off.

So my plan is to build a cage, and have a temporary floor of a sheet of plywood, and on top of that one of those cheap waterproof table clothes. The kind people use at parties and whatnot. Followed by a piece of cardboard and possibly a sheet. It depends how well Maggie chooses to use her litterbox for the first week. Overall, she's pretty good using her litterbox. My other rabbit Belle is terrific about her litterbox. Although they're not bonded, Belle is out of her cage the entire day and usually late into the nightin the basement, and Maggie is out of her cage generally in a make-shift playpen for about half the day. They're both in store-bought cages now. Maggie's is about half the size of Belle's. So I plan on making a NIC cage for Maggie, and then using left over cubes as well as Maggie's old cage (cleaned out first of course) to add onto Belle's cage.

If I were you, I'd use some type of flooring that may be left over from a flooring project, maybe sitting in your basement or something. The poster board can be eaten and easily torn up. Then you'll just have to get something else anyway. Chloroplast is another good option and you can bend it up around the edges. You can also see if you can get someremanant(sp) scraps at a home center.

Good luck and I can't wait to see pics of your finished project!;)

We have some linoleum flooring actually. But it's around 14-15 years old. So I think it'd be better just to buy some new flooring. But we do have tiles from our basement somewhere.

I'm defintally getting pictures. :)

That linoleum may not be a bad idea and if in decent condition would be a good choice. Take a look at it and see what you think, you might be able to use it:highfive:!

I suppose it could work. But it's been in a closet where all the cleaning supplies are. So I'm just not sure if anything from the cleaning supplies would get on it. But I'll look into it.

What we did was lay it outside flat (especially if it's been rolled up for a long time) the sun will help to flatten it out, then I just wiped down a precut section with cleaner and went over it again with a clean sponge:D.

Oh, could you post your location in your profile? That will help to better help you with any questions if we know what country you're in;). Thanks!

Latest posts

Back