Flowers as food?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBun71

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I let BunBun run in my garden and he was eating little flowers in the garden. Is it ok that he ate that. :confused:
I do not know what kind the flower it is.
Thank you
-BunBun71

Ok. Thank you. :)
I will post a pics later. of the flowers.

We occasionally give our bun dandelions (and their greens) from our untreated yard (no chemicals) as a treat. I've found those to be ok.

It would be good to know what flowers your bun was eating.

Our buns love rose blossoms. Some of them like dandelions. Most of them like Robinia blossoms--they are related to locusts; the blossoms are edible but the rest of the shrub is mildly toxic.

We occasionally give our bun dandelions (and their greens) from our untreated yard (no chemicals) as a treat. I've found those to be ok.

It would be good to know what flowers your bun was eating.
I am going to post pics right now.

Sorry that I did not post pics sooner. 😁
But here they are.

Attachments

• DSCN8960.jpg
    DSCN8960.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN8958.jpg
    DSCN8958.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 10
Those look like violets (wild violets) to me. Do they have some color is the middle? 1589658674441.png If this is what they are, yes it is okay that he ate them. We have some purple ones here and a few white.

Last edited:
I don't know the exact species, but it looks like one from the Violoideae family to me, which would be fine. Like 95% of weeds and wild flowers.

Latest posts

Back