Flopped Ear

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riley Newcombe

Reaction score
one of my bunnies ears flopped down 2 days ago. he is maybe 5 or 6 weeks old. i bought him cheap at some place so i don’t think he has lop genes. he isn’t tilting his head at all, but occasionally scratches at his ear and shakes his head. he is eating, drinking, and pooping normally. i looked in his ear and it’s not red or anything. should i be worried or buy him something for an ear infection?

Your bunny might be a lop bunny, they often drop their ears around that age or later.

If you are still unsure you can take him to a vet, to check the ear. To find out he don’t have an ear infection. Just doing a normal health check up because he’s so young and you don’t know his background. Myself would do a health check up on the bunny if the background it’s unknown.

But I would wait until he start to show any other symptoms like head tilt, loss of appetite, wet nose, hair loss or a behavior changes.

My own lop will often scratch his ears and shake his head, if he’s been eating hay or if he had a bit of cuddle time. Like something have tickled his ears a bit. He can do it daily but it have always been with something coming in contact with his ears.

Latest posts

Back