Flooring

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tori

Reaction score
I have a cage with wire flooring, I have plywood down over most of it except where the hay and food is. I also have a shelf of plywood that the bunny can jump on. I plan to put some towels down until I'm comfortable she won't pee on it, but after that is it okay for her her to just be on the plywood? I'm mainly concerned about if its safe for her to chew in case she's a chewer. And of course I'll sand it really well so she can't get a splinter. Basically is it okay for her to be on plywood? lol

Just wanting to make sure everything is set. I'm getting her within the next few days! :bunnydance:

I do not think they are supposed to chew ply wood as some of it is glued together and i think the glue is toxic to bunnies. put something on the ply wood like linoleum or something..sorry im not much help.

Someone come and answer this bunny lovers questions :)

Hmm, don't know about the glue thing. Does anyone else about that? I would like to put something over it but its getting awful cold around here and I think she may be cold if I put linoleum in. She would also need traction so she can jump on the next level. I thought about carpet but I fear she would chew that. Any ideas?

I may be picking her up today so I need some help! lol

Get some grass mats? You should be able to buy big ones at home improvement stores or at Pier One. You can cut them to fit the shelf too.

Grass matts are safe for the bunny to nibble on and have good traction. And if they get peed on, they are not super expensive to replace.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back