Flooring needed: please help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HazelBinky

Reaction score
Hi! I have a Netherland Dwarf named Hazel. She has a playpen that I put her in, and she began chewing the flooring today, which is a vinyl tablecloth. She has never been a chewer so I didn't worry about it, but she has actually been eating a little of the vinyl. I immediately removed her from the pen. Now I don't know what to use for flooring.. I don't want her to ingest vinyl, but she is not litter box trained yet, therefore I can't just put her on my carpet or on my hardwood floors. What should I do? Please give some recommendations - I'm thinking about maybe using some kind of rubber mat, but it has been hard to find a big rubber mat without those ridges (I think rabbits would chew the ridges) that aren't crazy expensive.

Just get a scrap of rolled linoleum from the hardware store. Be sure the edges of the linoleum are outside the pen so that she can't access the edges.

(side note on your info on the side: putting your state (if in the US), or your country can help people to be more helpful if, for instance, one is asking about where to find hay or how much spays cost, or what rescues are nearby -- all of which can vary based on location. It isn't asking for your address, just a general idea.)

Latest posts

Back