Flooring for NIC Cage...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyndsy

Reaction score
I have built a cage using the Neat Idea Cubesmethod, it consists of three levels and tos of fun. The top two levelshave carpeting as do the ramps, for slipping purposes.

My question is, What can I put on the bottom level, right now we havelinolium (sp?) tiles for easy clean up and disenfecting. We are gettintwo baby holland lops in a couple of weeks, and it's one of the lastthings we need to do. My concern is it might be too slipery for them?Any ideas or suggestions would be great!

Thanks a bunch,

Lyndsy:)

Maybe seagrass or cornhusk mats?? Youwould still need something under it because urine would still seepthrough, but they are fairly cheap to replace.

Just a thought.

Jen

With the linoleum underneath seepage shouldn't bea problem with the mats. I've put newspaper down over my floors, theyhaven't seemed to slip around or anything like that. You may want to becarefull with the carpet though. Ingesting it won't be very good foryour little guys. Some rabbits chew it and some have no interest, soyou'll just have to see I guess.

~Christine~

Has anyone found a creative way to place ahomemade litter tray under the cubes? One of our rabbits can't be inlitter. I was trying to think up ways. I can't figure out how to makethe flooring have holes and not hurt the bunnies. Any suggestions wouldbe appreciated!

When you say one ofyour bunnies can't be in litter, have you tried Woody Pet? If not, youmight check out the Woody Pet thread. Tons of info there that isdefinitely worth reading.

Raspberry

You should be able to pick up some hardwarescreen in a local hardware store. It comes in differant sizesand is fairly inexpensive. You could build a frame to attachthe screen to and set the cage on top of it.

We have not tried woody pet. The problem is allthe litters stick to her fur since she has the wooly type. The hardwarescreens sound like a good idea.

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Sebastian is a wooly and weuse Woody Pet! :)

Check out the post! :cool:

Raspberry
Hi,

Our new bunnie, Binkie, has longish hair and I was concerned when wedecided to litter train her, that the litter would stick in her fur.

Doesn't happen, though. Seems like the WoodyPet either breaks up, falls off, or just doesn't stick in the first place.

Rasberry...you just knew I would respond if someone even mentioned WoodyPet...didn't you;)

:~) Jim

Hmm...I will have to try it out. I will head outto the "country" to go get some as Cleveland is not quite a place withwoody pet (atleast not at pet supplies plus or petsmart). Thanks!

thatrachel wrote:
Hmm...I will have to try it out. I will head out to the"country" to go get some as Cleveland is not quite a place with woodypet (atleast not at pet supplies plus or petsmart). Thanks!
We have a member on this forum that is a rep for WoodPet.... davejr

He was able to locate a distributor about 20-30 minutes from me.

If I can find his # I'll post it back here or you could try a PM to him.

Buck was the one who hooked me up.

Found the post.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If anyone in this fine rabbit forum has any questions regarding WoodyPet Professional Animal Bedding, please email me direct or call theWoody Pet toll free number. We will be more than happy to answer anyquestions or direct you to a Woody Pet Bedding outlet. (hopefully inyour area) [email protected]

888-535-9816 toll free

Dave Jr.

Woody Pet Products Inc"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back