Floating eye booger in middle of pupil

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to get my buns eye boogie out and I can’t she lets me but then squints when I get to close to her eye. It’s floating around in there and blocking her pupil. How can I get it out she’s been grooming her face it still doesn’t come out?
Thanks in advance for response!

I’ve been trying to get my buns eye boogie out and I can’t she lets me but then squints when I get to close to her eye. It’s floating around in there and blocking her pupil. How can I get it out she’s been grooming her face it still doesn’t come out?
Thanks in advance for response!
According to my research, this may be a white eye discharge, it does neither present any danger for the eye itself, nor does it relate to a disease or a bacterial infection; and it does not require a visit to a veterinary professional.

The “cloud” will eventually be removed by the rabbit, when it washes its face. It is possible to remove it by hand, but one must be careful not to damage the surface of the eye.

When the discharge becomes constant and collects at the corner of the eye, this is no more related to the presence of a hair. This situation requires the visit to a vet.

I just copy-paste it from the internet 😅 but please try checking the pic of this white eye discharge, maybe that's the one that is in your rabbits eye.

According to my research, this may be a white eye discharge, it does neither present any danger for the eye itself, nor does it relate to a disease or a bacterial infection; and it does not require a visit to a veterinary professional.

The “cloud” will eventually be removed by the rabbit, when it washes its face. It is possible to remove it by hand, but one must be careful not to damage the surface of the eye.

When the discharge becomes constant and collects at the corner of the eye, this is no more related to the presence of a hair. This situation requires the visit to a vet.

I just copy-paste it from the internet 😅 but please try checking the pic of this white eye discharge, maybe that's the one that is in your rabbits eye.
Thanks for the info 😅 I’ve checked it looks like it’s gone but sometimes when it “looks” like it’s gone, it’s actually under the eyelid.

Latest posts

Back