Flemish rabbit litter pan idea

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have searched online and in forums. Somewhere a heavy duty pan that is used for possibly mixing a material for construction was suggested as a great deep litter pan for larger rabbits. Since we brought Lucy home we have changed litterpans 4 times because she was too big and urinating off the side. I was hopeful someone might know what kind of pan it is before I randomly walk at Lowes searching for a pan.

I use under bed storage boxes, you can find very big, deep ones depending on your preference, one advantage of using these is that they are usually pretty cheap and aren't too pricey to replace if needed. (Amazon might have good options)

Here's an example of a setup-- the box is shallow but you can definitely find deeper ones :)Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 17.39.35.png

Flemishes grow about half the extra size of adult frenchies, right? Our frenchie luckily does lift his tail up but he keeps it in the box so our pan is only 15cm (6in) high and he fares just fine. Both sides are 45cm (18in) long give or take some cents here or there. And he fits in enough to sprawl out there.
Just for some reference i thought it might help.

Flemishes grow about half the extra size of adult frenchies, right? Our frenchie luckily does lift his tail up but he keeps it in the box so our pan is only 15cm (6in) high and he fares just fine. Both sides are 45cm (18in) long give or take some cents here or there. And he fits in enough to sprawl out there.
Just for some reference i thought it might help.
That is how deep our litter pan is now. She is about 10 or 11lbs now and will grow to 14-18lbs.

Oh, that IS big. Our previous lop weighed 5.5 kg (12lbs) fully grown.

Latest posts

Back